• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest elmitchio

Horrible Engine Noise

Guest elmitchio

i dont know if you can help, but i was driving the mi earlier and i was giving it sum down the dual carriageway, and something felt like it broke lol. now wenever i rev the engine theres a horrible tapping/rattly noise. i havnt got anyone to check it out yet but apparantly it could be the bottom end bearing or something? if it is that im guessin its gonna be pretty expensive to fix. What would u suggest?

i have no idea as to what i should be checking on the car to see if it is the bottom end bearing or anything, as i'm not very good with things like this! so any info you guys could give me, and possible prices would be ideal!!!

Cheers

Guest serrento405
i dont know if you can help, but i was driving the mi earlier and i was giving it sum down the dual carriageway, and something felt like it broke lol. now wenever i rev the engine theres a horrible . i havnt got anyone to check it out yet but apparantly it could be the bottom end bearing or something? if it is that im guessin its gonna be pretty expensive to fix. What would u suggest?

i have no idea as to what i should be checking on the car to see if it is the bottom end bearing or anything, as i'm not very good with things like this! so any info you guys could give me, and possible prices would be ideal!!!

Cheers

sounds like it cud have span a shell ie bearing,

i take it the tapping/rattly noise gets louder as you rev it up a bit?

Guest elmitchio

yeh it does, and its comletely normal on tickover. its now gone to Jday engineering in dorset to get looked at. hopefully wont cost too much!!!

Guest serrento405
yeh it does, and its comletely normal on tickover. its now gone to Jday engineering in dorset to get looked at. hopefully wont cost too much!!!

fingers x if it has span a shell,it will only need re grind and new shells

Guest jezziebx16v

Had this happan on my Bx a while back. Drove it like Miss Daisy to my mechanics place and got away with just new shells being fitted, crank was fine thankfully.

Jez

Sign in to follow this