• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jools

Main Bearing Bolts M11x1.5

Guest jools

Hello everybody,

this may seem like an odd question but does anybody know how long the main bearing cap bolts are on an mi16 engine? If anybody's currently got one in bits I would be massively grateful if they would measure them for me.

I know this is a bit cheeky but I need some M11x1.5 bolts for another project and am drawing a lot of blanks on where to find them,

cheers, J

Ryan

81mm long according to the spec on the parts CD. Same on most/all petrol XU engines.

Edited by Ryan

Guest jools

Nuts! I need 85mm absolute minimum, thanks for looking and getting back so quick. Anybody else got any ideas where I can find M11x1.5 bolts at least 85 mm long?

Ryan

The centre bearing cap has 95mm M11 studs + nuts instead of bolts. They aren't threaded all the way along though.

Guest jools

Now that might work, it would give me 10mm spare for the nut, especially if I turn them into bolts by welding the nuts on, any chance of you having part numbers for these?

Ryan

Sure,

0132 28 for the stud

0132 27 for the nut

Sign in to follow this