• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest elmitchio

Headlight Problem

Guest elmitchio

hey, i own a 1992 405 mi16, the 1.9 version. i just fitted some led sidelights, which are white but kinda look purple, and wen i turn them on, sometimes the main beam lights come on just a little bit, and wen i put the main beam on they seem really dim, and they're supposed to be super bright ones! so somethings not quite rite here, just wondering if anyone has any ideas???

This is her.....

absolutebeastok6.jpg

Guest badboyracer3500

hi, it sounds very much like a bad earth. check all your connections and if need be put in another earth, as i had to with my nearside rear.

Gavin

Guest elmitchio

ok cheers, not very good with electronic bits but i'm sure i'll manage. also we had a problem the other day where one of the lights didnt come on at all, no indicator etc etc, then we fiddled round with it and it all worked fine, but the lights themselves seem really dim???

very strrrrrrange lol!!!

Guest badboyracer3500

certainly bad conection. dim usually is bad earth. get a length of wire and touch one end on earth terminal on light and other end on a good earth point on body. if its bad earth the light should get brighter.

Guest elmitchio

ok, thanks alot man, hopefully that'll sort it out. i'll go hav a go now!!!

Borntobewild

Had the same problem, rewired the ground/earth and te problem was over.

And for any one who has strager headlight problems, eg. flasing right dim light when signaling to the left.

Lights working only when they want to.

Check your lightplug, it is possible to fit the light bulb in the back of the plug causing al kinds of problems. :|

Sign in to follow this