• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest piran21

Big Project

Guest piran21

Ok... here's the situation.

I have a 1989 405 Mi16. The body is not in good shape. Motor is strong and so is the tranny. It has a lot of sentimental value. The interior needs help too. One power window doesn't work, needs a headliner and sunroof cable.

There's a 1989 405 S in good shape for sale. The body is good and everything works except for the A/C.

The plan:

Swap the motor, transmission, leather interior, suspension and breaks over to the S from my Mi16. Is the steering rack the same? Can i drop everything down ie. subframe and just bolt it to the S? How much different is the wiring? are the rear torsion bars different? I think this is better than having to paint my car over and fixing the rust and straightening the rear frame of the car.

Remember, this is Canada, these cars are rare!! So i can't miss this one or else i may not get another chance. Opinions?

Guest piran21

Here's my car:

567994_1_full.jpg

And the new car here:

pug001kl7.jpg

Bonez

everything should be a simple swop mounting pionts etc should be the same

the only thing you should do is try it!

keep us updated :D

cybernck

cool!

you don't need those headlights anymore then?

good thing i waited to see what will happen with your car purchase :).

Guest piran21

Not happening anymore boys... the guy never got back to me and sold to car to someone else... Oh well... I think i'll keep mine and fix it up! Or should I wait for another good bodied one to come along. I'm in no rush.

Guest MaxLegroom

Sounds to me like you may want to learn more about bodywork. I wish mine were in that good shape, I'm still trying to get mine street legal, it needs a bit of work before I can have it inspected. Best of luck in waiting for another, though.

Sign in to follow this