• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
triple_a_motorsport

Uprated Transfer Box

triple_a_motorsport

i need an uprated transfer box as im planning to do some performance upgrades and track day the car, so i want a transfer box i can relay on. can you still have get the pug sport ones. or how tough are the T16 ones.

kutija1345402283

They are made little stronger..

They have R on the them but if you're gonna fit T16 transfer you would need T16 cardanshaft and rear differential as Mi16x4 and T16 has different ratios inside transfer box...

The thing you need reinforce(make a new ones) are those pins on the planetary gears....

And if you have input shaft on the gearbox and output shaft on the transfer box in good condition you just need to put grease inside and make some provisional seal between transfer box and gearbox where the shafts are connected as the main reason why this shafts gets damaged as they tend to rust and this what reduced their lifetime much....

Guest scottcmb
They are made little stronger..

They have R on the them but if you're gonna fit T16 transfer you would need T16 cardanshaft and rear differential as Mi16x4 and T16 has different ratios inside transfer box...

The thing you need reinforce(make a new ones) are those pins on the planetary gears....

And if you have input shaft on the gearbox and output shaft on the transfer box in good condition you just need to put grease inside and make some provisional seal between transfer box and gearbox where the shafts are connected as the main reason why this shafts gets damaged as they tend to rust and this what reduced their lifetime much....

please explain what you mean by provisional seal!

kutija1345402283

So you take a piece of rubber(you can take one from inside of bycicle tire) and make a circle where transfer box is connecting to the gearbox housing...

So in this way you will make a seal so anything from outside can't come into the area where the shafts are connected...

So no big deal to make a seal just you need to dismount a transfer box which is little bigger job to do...

Baz

Thanks Kutija, good advice i will take when i change my transfer box. :)

triple_a_motorsport

are the planetary gears inside the box? are they hard to upgade, im not to sure what you mean.

kutija1345402283

Yes they are inside the box....

In the picture you can see broken piece(pinion) and what you need is to make those pinions out of better material and weld them back onto the planetary gear frame....

bild024pq2.jpg

Sign in to follow this