• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Strut Brace

Jer309GTi

Anyone got one of these?

Just wondering if they are any good really. They look a bit flimsy to me, but that just might be because of the bad quality photo. I've emailed the seller to find out what make they are and he said they are unbranded.

There was a company on eBay selling OMP ones a while ago but they don't sell them anymore. Also found a company here selling E-Tech braces but they are £65! :o

cybernck

looks like similar design to E-tech, but they are not known to be good either.

it's better to get a proper Sparco or OMP strut brace.

Jer309GTi

They look a bit 'form over function' to me. Like those roll cages made for 'show use only' :rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye out for an OMP or Sparco one, like you said

kutija1345402283

OMP doesn't have a strut brace for 405 but Sparco has one..

Edited by kutija

Jer309GTi

Ah ok, must've been a Sparco one on eBay then! Knew it was one of the two lol

Guest badboyracer3500

yes they are worth gettin.

i bought a sparco one of ebay and after fitting it i went out to test.

i found that a certain junction near me that could be taken at 50mph tyres squealing, could now be taken at 60mph with no squealing. :D

Jer309GTi

I put a Sparco one on my old 309 GTi thinking it might make a bit of difference, but I was really suprised. The turn in felt a lot sharper and just seemed more 'solid' if you see what I mean. Glad they make a difference to the 405, better start looking for one!

Guest badboyracer3500

last time i looked on ebay there was strut brace on there for buy now 58.99.

old stock clearance,still new not used.

Jer309GTi

Yes, I remember seeing that too. I've found somewhere that sells Sparco ones now, £61-ish including delivery here

JOHN89MI16

Has anyone manage to purchase a strutbrace for a 405 mi16 off the company that jer309gti has given in the link above?

The reason im askin is because i want to purchase one and i was wondering how decent the company is to deal with. They allow payment to be made with paypal which seems good.

Any ideas if they are just cheap crap no name strut braces with a made up sparco sticker?

Feeble

Yeah, I got one waiting for me at the Parcelforce depot... I'll let you know if it's any good tomorrow or Friday! ;)

Jer309GTi

I got an OMP one (not Sparco as I said above) from them for my 309GTi through their eBay shop. Couldn't fault the service. It was well packaged, and from what I remember it arrived pretty quickly.

Hmm, link seems to be dead now, maybe their site is down?

Edited by Jer309GTi

TonyW

Whats the address for that site coz the link doesn't seem to be working for me? Ta. :D

TonyW

Scrap that, working now :wacko:

Feeble

Picked it up today. Good sh*t! ;)

JOHN89MI16

It seems like they are pretty good so i guess i will invest in one considering they are hard to find and buy off anyone else.

TonyW

And me, seeing as they are recommended! :D

Jer309GTi

There going to wonder whats going on in the shop, all these people ordering a load of 405 strut braces all of a sudden :D

Feeble

I'm sure they wont mind though! :P

JOHN89MI16

I finally got my strut brace yesterday after 2 failed delivery attemps (it probably helps if i was in to collect).

It was packaged great and the postage time was super fast and today i fitted it and it fits perfect.

Thanks ger309gti for the link to there page because they are very rare items to buy, just like any aftermarket items are to find for the phase 1 405 mi16. Cheers. :)

Feeble

Image003.jpg

;)

Jer309GTi
I finally got my strut brace yesterday after 2 failed delivery attemps (it probably helps if i was in to collect).

It was packaged great and the postage time was super fast and today i fitted it and it fits perfect.

Thanks ger309gti for the link to there page because they are very rare items to buy, just like any aftermarket items are to find for the phase 1 405 mi16. Cheers. :)

No worries John :) I've spent hours trawling the internet trying to find bits for the Mi, so it's nice when you find a company that sells what you want, with good service too

Jer309GTi

Looking good! Do you think it made any difference to the handling?

Feeble

I'd tell you if I had driven it since! :P

Got a leaky hose that is proving a nightmare to remove! :( Next weekend it'll be back on the road with any luck...

Rippthrough

Straight brace eh?

I can do those stronger than that easily enough, how much are they?

edit: £62?

Should be able to do it for less if there's a couple of people after one?

Edited by Rippthrough

Sign in to follow this