• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skeleton

Anyone Gotten Any Turbo Gear From Dp Engineering?

Guest Skeleton
I'd love to do a turbo for my Mi16 (XU9j4/z) low compression version, but can i use the stock management? How do i go about doing that? Also, can you keep power steering still?

Keeping the stock management is a little tricky, most people that do this replace the managment with a haltech or another high quality ecu. The only other option is a piggyback ecu kinda like the VEMS 3.3. So you ask about the powersteering because people say its in the way of where the turbo goes on the T16 405? If so ignore it. Sure the engine space limits are a little tight, but the DP-Engineering manifolds are designed for the turbo to be situated in an alternative place. If you want more room could always move the battery into the rear.

Guest piran21

Yeah, i don't mind moving the battery at all! It'll help the weight distribution anyway. I just want to keep power steering and try to stay with stock management. Don't mind if i have to use a piggy back, but which one? Will the exhaust manifold sold by DP have clearance for the power steering?

cybernck

VEMS is standalone management... maybe you've mixed it up with SMT piggyback's they're also selling?

Guest Skeleton
VEMS is standalone management... maybe you've mixed it up with SMT piggyback's they're also selling?

Yeh, sorry I have.

I think if your gonna bother doing it, you do it properly!

Guest Skeleton
Yeah, i don't mind moving the battery at all! It'll help the weight distribution anyway. I just want to keep power steering and try to stay with stock management. Don't mind if i have to use a piggy back, but which one? Will the exhaust manifold sold by DP have clearance for the power steering?

Yeh man, its not a T16 manifold in anyway! Its actually made for Mi16's and sits the turbo differently. This will give you an idea:

16v_turbo_xu_31.jpg

Of course its still no simple bolt on solution, no turbo convertion for a mi16 will ever go without some work to get it in there!

Edited by Skeleton

Guest piran21

that appears to leave clearance for the power steering... i'm not sure though...

B1ack_Mi16
that appears to leave clearance for the power steering... i'm not sure though...

Looks like it can be clearance, but I would have thought that the belt would suffer from all the heat.

Guest Skeleton

yeh you could very well be right. I think with the right intercooling it would be fine, also high temp belts could also be an option.

Guest piran21

Or maybe a heat sheild welded on the exhaust manifold?

Sign in to follow this