• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skeleton

Anyone Gotten Any Turbo Gear From Dp Engineering?

Guest Skeleton

I dunno if many people have heard of these guys yet? dp-engineering is the name of this company that develops turbocharging packages for peugeots and citroens. They seem to have a package to suit most of the older and newer Xu engines and EW engines.

My question is has anyone ever delt with them before? if so what was the kind of build quality of their products, and how well did they perform?

cybernck

people on other forums have. their build quality is excellent, from what i have seen.

as for performance, just check the rolling road results of their customers' cars :o.

p.s. please enter all your details, escpecially your location, into you profile.

Guest Skeleton
people on other forums have. their build quality is excellent, from what i have seen.

as for performance, just check the rolling road results of their customers' cars :o.

p.s. please enter all your details, escpecially your location, into you profile.

good to see some positive feedback on the dp guys. Im deftinately going to buy their XU10J4RS turbo pack and some low comp pistons and billet rods from them! Going to transplant the Turbo GTi6 engine into the mi16. Should see some good results:D

Jer309GTi
good to see some positive feedback on the dp guys. Im deftinately going to buy their XU10J4RS turbo pack and some low comp pistons and billet rods from them! Going to transplant the Turbo GTi6 engine into the mi16. Should see some good results:D

That should be a bit of a beast! Looking forward to seeing some pics and specs when its done :)

Edited by Jer309GTi

Guest Skeleton

That should be a bit of a beast! Looking forward to seeing some pics and specs when its done :)

Yeah man! Over here in Australia Peugeots are looked down apon. We are mostly dominated by larger american cars "commodores" (im not sure what they called over there) and japanese imports everywhere! Im soo sick of skyline and wrx racer boys bad mouthing peugeots! Every time they start on them I ask them if they have ever driven one and ofcourse the answer is "no". So once this project is complete I might start my re-education process.

Borntobewild

Nice project, I would like to read it and see the pictures when you're done!

Guest Skeleton

The project probably wont be complete for another year at the most, 6 months at the least. Im plannning on spending about 8 - 10,000$ on getting the car to the level im after. Thats about 4000 pounds 6000 euro. That also includeds alot of other things like queife lsd, body kit, sachs clutch, ecu, suspention, breaks etc...

But it will probably end up costing more.... everyhting always ends up costing more than predicted. 2,388 Pounds just for the turbo convertion anyhow.

Jer309GTi
But it will probably end up costing more.... everyhting always ends up costing more than predicted. 2,388 Pounds just for the turbo convertion anyhow.

But thats £2,388 well spent ;) And well worth getting a loan for I think.... (goes to look for loans online) :lol:

Guest scottcmb

has anyone turboed there 405 mi16 series 1? if so what was done to the engine to make the conversion?

cybernck

is your engine D6C or DFW?

with the later cat models that have 9.7:1 c/r, you can get away without

lowering the c/r and run about 0.4-0.5 bars of boost to get great results

and driveability and that's without opening the engine too :).

Guest scottcmb
is your engine D6C or DFW?

with the later cat models that have 9.7:1 c/r, you can get away without

lowering the c/r and run about 0.4-0.5 bars of boost to get great results

and driveability and that's without opening the engine too :).

mine is the D6C 160 hp engine

cybernck

aha, then you'd definately need either c/r lowering spacer plate from DP

or Wiesco forged turbo pistons from petert, to start with.

then you need an exhaust manifold, either modify a 405 T16 one to fit,

get a tubular one from DP or make your own if you're skillful enough.

then you need a turbo, water and oil lines for lubrication and cooling,

intercooler or chargecooler setup, additional injector and driver or a

set of bigger injectors with mappable ecu...

definately not a conversion for the faint harted!

lemans120

plus a diff to be able to get the car moving :lol:

Guest scottcmb
aha, then you'd definately need either c/r lowering spacer plate from DP

or Wiesco forged turbo pistons from petert, to start with.

then you need an exhaust manifold, either modify a 405 T16 one to fit,

get a tubular one from DP or make your own if you're skillful enough.

then you need a turbo, water and oil lines for lubrication and cooling,

intercooler or chargecooler setup, additional injector and driver or a

set of bigger injectors with mappable ecu...

definately not a conversion for the faint harted!

Well it looks to me that i need to get the full kit from DP as i have seen on there web site.Manifold, GT28RS turbo fittings etc etc and seeing that im planning on a full rebuild i then will get the wiseco pistons from PeterT, no need for a spacer plate then. i already have My new Autronic SMC ECU and a set of 4 LS1 Coils at the ready for this project. my next question is does anyone know if the manifold and down pipe DP make for the MI16 also fit into the MI16x4? because that is what i have and i cant help but wonder if the transfer case will interfere with installing the down pipe. i would hate to purchase something from the Netherlands and get it sent all the way here to New Zealand to find it wont fit!!! :o

Guest scottcmb
plus a diff to be able to get the car moving :lol:

that maybe the case for a two wheel drive!!! but how would my x4 drive train handle 300+hp???.... if it is to weak what needs to done to make it stonger? :mellow:

petert1345402284
. i already have My new Autronic SMC ECU and a set of 4 LS1 Coils at the ready for this project.

I can see an issue here. The SMC does not have dwell controll, meaning its designed to fire either a CDI or Hall effect type ignitors (Bosch 008 or similar). The LS1 coils have built in ignitors, thats what makes them so good. However, your ECU needs to be able to specify the dwell saturation time (around 5ms). I believe there is a dwell extension kit for the SMC but I have no other details.

cybernck

best ask DP directly about the downpipe, but they have a kit for the T16

that uses a different downpipe and that one should fit your Mi16x4 :D.

as for the drivetrain - you will need a better clutch (sintered plate) and

hope that the rest holds together :).

Guest scottcmb
. i already have My new Autronic SMC ECU and a set of 4 LS1 Coils at the ready for this project.

I can see an issue here. The SMC does not have dwell controll, meaning its designed to fire either a CDI or Hall effect type ignitors (Bosch 008 or similar). The LS1 coils have built in ignitors, thats what makes them so good. However, your ECU needs to be able to specify the dwell saturation time (around 5ms). I believe there is a dwell extension kit for the SMC but I have no other details.

thanks Pete i will get rite on to them about that....since our last discussion on the phone, i decided to get the autronic ecu due to the fact that i can still utilise the ecu fault warning light that is built in the dash display and also it has the capability to auto tune and also it came highly recomended....btw Pete due you do a cam profile for the Mi16 with turbo?

Guest scottcmb
best ask DP directly about the downpipe, but they have a kit for the T16

that uses a different downpipe and that one should fit your Mi16x4 :D.

as for the drivetrain - you will need a better clutch (sintered plate) and

hope that the rest holds together :).

Thanks for the info on the clutch, that is on the list for replacing and now i have a name for the type of clutch to buy...cheers dude

Guest scottcmb

Ok now here is a thought!! would the standard intake manifold give the same performance as TB's when the engine is turbo charged?....i have my theory...but want to here others!!!

Edited by scottcmb

Rippthrough
Ok now here is a thought!! would the standard intake manifold give the same performance as TB's when the engine is turbo charged?....i have my theory...but want to here others!!!

No.

Guest badinfluencemi16

yooooo....I AM SO GOING TO GET THAT TURBO KIT.

Guest Skeleton

For anyone that interested in turboing, this is a list of what you need to get from DP-Engineering do this the easy way.

(these prices dont include VAT multiply by 1.19 to add it on if your in EU, no VAT for buyers out of EU)

DP Xu 16 Turbo package ??1890 (with stardard GT25)

OMP sprung multi puck clutch + pressure plate ??320

Decompression package 8.8:1 ??206 (280 - 300 hp limit)

or

Wiseco forged piston set (4) 8.5:1 + Crower billet rods I-beam set (4) ??1497 (Better for the engine + not limited in HP like decomp plate)

DP also deal with VEM 3.3 Managment, its pretty much a top of the line ecu but it connected before the stock ecu and thus you can keep many of the stock ecu managment that is a bitch to change. Plus you can hook a pc keyboard n VGA screen into them and you can tune them directly from the unit, no full computer setup needed.

Gearbox change might not be needed depending on Mi16 model, the BE3 gearbox is pretty strong will handle 450 nm of torque well.

Intercooler is really something that cant be bought outright. You need to get that done along with the charge piping by someone who knows what there doing and who will also address you needs and budget.

Guest piran21

I'd love to do a turbo for my Mi16 (XU9j4/z) low compression version, but can i use the stock management? How do i go about doing that? Also, can you keep power steering still?

Borntobewild

One of our members and our club garage are building a turbo on a fase I mi16.

Ill tried to get some info from them but they want to keep it secret till its working

Sign in to follow this