• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAZ

Engine Problem

Guest DAZ

Hi i just brought an mi16 which is in need of some tlc. But on the way home it seemed to hold back on power and the engine management light come on and went out but it still holds back. The engine runs smooth and sounds ok just does not go that well. Its a 93 2.0lt Can anyone advise me on this thanks darren

Edited by DAZ

cybernck

hello and welcome.

what do you mean it holds back? do you get an early rev-limit?

can you hear any unusual sounds, like running on 3 cylinders?

pug309twin40s

check the acav system is functioning properly.

if this doesnt work then the car will fill flatish and not alot of power.

Guest DAZ

Hi there is no sound of the rev limt or that it is running on 3. It will rev all the way round but just does not go.

sorry i dont know what an acav is can you tell me where it is and what it should do thanks for your help darren

pug309twin40s

the acav system is:

in the inlet manifold there is 2 paths for air to flow through and the top air passage has butteflies in which are connected to a diaphram at either end of the inlet manifold(black cylinders ontop of manifold at either end). When the revs get to about 2500rpm the diaphrams open and open the butterflies to give more torque and power and close off again about 5500rpm.

if you look with the engine idling with bonnet up and look at the rod that comes out the diaprams that connects to a flap bit, you should see the rode move if you rev the engine as it opens.

if nothing happens then its will proberbly be the black cylinder on the end of the cylinder thats not working or check the breather hoses going to the diaphrams.

i will get some pics for you.

i hope you can understand all that lol.

Guest DAZ

HI I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING AT THE ACAV SYSTEM AND THEY ARE NOT WORKING I HAVE CHECKED THE PIPES AND DIAPHARMS ALL IS OK I THINK I HAVE FOUND THE VAVLE BESIDE THE HEAD WHICH HAS 2 PIPE GOING IN 1 END AND THE OTHER END THERE IS NOTING ON IT SHOULD THERE BE.

pug309twin40s

yep thats the correct cylinder. yep nothing should be on the pipe out the end of it.

get a new 1 from peugeot and then everything should be fine.

my cylinder isnt working properly either so ive got to get a new 1 iswell.

Edited by pug309twin40s

Sign in to follow this