• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexN

Mi16x4 Brake Compensator

AlexN

I have had nothing but trouble with this over the last couple of weeks and basically I am in a position now where I either need a replacement or I need a good idea as to how I can get round not having one (will a valve off a Citroen, if they have them, fit?). If anyone has a valve kicking around that they want to sell please let me know, or if anyone has worked around a broken compensator then please please tell me how! I've been without the car for two weeks and I am getting withdrawl symptoms!

Thanks in advance the help

Alex

Oh and the part number of the compensator is 4861.48 (I think)

Edited by AlexN

petert1345402284

They're such a pain to bleed correctly with one fitted. Why don't you replace it with an adjustable bias valve, as found in race cars?

AlexN

I've just about had it with the compensator on the car, everything time I think I have it fixed it still doen't work. Its time to think of alternatives. The brake bias valves you talk about, I assume the one Wilwood make would do the job? What percentage would you set the valve at for normal road use? I like the mechanical simplicity of these valves, much better than that wretched compensator!

Sign in to follow this