• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adriches

V6 In T16?

adriches

I kno where a nice example T16 minus the engine may be available and i was wondering if there is ANY way u could get peugeots V6 working with the 4 wheel drive transfer box?? There must be SOME way!!

KRISKARRERA

Yeah I expect there is a way. Whatever happens it should be saved, even if that means putting in a lower powered XU engine in just to get it back on the road.

Guest DesMi16

Biggest problem is that there is no way the transfer box is fitting in there. We looked at this in a 205 and it's just one of those things that is not going to happen. Other option is to get an S16 lump and build your own T16.

adriches

Sooo Is the transfer box not guna work with any of peugeots 6 speed gearbox's?

And no five speeder will fit to the V6?

So the ultimate peugeot (v6 twin turbo 4x4) will never happen?!?!

Borntobewild

There's always a way, but that won't be the easy way.

Jer309GTi

How much work would it involve putting the V6 in a 2wd Mi? A fair bit I'd imagine, guess exhaust and custom driveshafts would be the hardest/most expensive to sort out. Would have thought there was plenty of room, as theres not a lot of size difference between a 405 and 406

cybernck

ask higlie... he's put one in a 205! :D

Borntobewild

Ecosse sels kits for the 405 conversion to V6, have a look at there site.

A friend of mine alsow added a V6 to his 205.

Its going to be checked for a single venhicle test in the UK, and then to the netherlands, otherwise It couldnt drive on dutch road (damn what a bad gramma and spelling, but its hot so forgive me)

KRISKARRERA

It has to past a test in England before it can br driven over there? Why?!

Hilgie

Because according to dutch law it has two cylinders too many. The UK law doesn't care.

But european regulations say that a car that is allowed in one of the countries must be allowed in all EC countries. So have a V5 with the new engine listed in the UK and use those papers to get it back into NL.

And no....a V6 6spd 4x4 405 cannot be built.

The 6spd box MIGHT be converted to 4WD by using Mi16x4 parts. But that gearbox does not fit the V6 engine. In fact the only gearbox that fit s the V6 engine is an ML5T box.

This is mine:

http://petrahilgert.it4us.nl/gallery/view_...albumName=205v6

And this is the site of the french guy who put it in his Mi16:

http://membres.lycos.fr/mecayoyo/

Guest DesMi16

Put a laguna V6 into a 205. That was fun but frightfully quick.

The only way you could get the V6 Twin Turbo 4X4 is to go for something like Cossie running gear and mount the engine longitudinal. Massive amount of work but it would go well.

adriches

hmmm i guess but i jus thought wud b nice to keep it all peugeot.

If u start getting more power out of a front drive V6 puttin that power down will b the problem. LSD????

James504

Even if it were possible, could the gearbox and transfer box handle the power from the v6?

Hilgie
Put a laguna V6 into a 205. That was fun but frightfully quick.

Laguna V6 is the same engine that I used (from a 406 Coupe). And yes..it is frightfully quick :lol:

Guest DesMi16

If you started going forced induction on a V6 through a BE box and transfer box I don't think it would last too long. Even the cossies blow rear diffs more often than any cossie owner would ever admit.

Bonez

dont the 406 V6 come with a 5 speed not a 6?

Guest serrento405

I kno where a nice example T16 minus the engine may be available

what happend to the t

Sign in to follow this