• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
holemi

Mi16x4 Suspension Advice!

holemi

hi , my rear suspension ( hydraulic) seems to have a mind of its own at the moment :rolleyes: ...every now and again it will seem to lose pressure and drop right on to its bump stops ,then 1/2 hr later or so i will come back to it and its back to normal height and no problems for a couple of weeks or so ...the lhm fluid is topped up , it goes right up when i press the button in the boot , its not losing any fluid :blink: ...any suggestions ???? apart from that ive just changed the water pump , tensioners , and cam belt and its running like a dream :D cheers les

Rippthrough
hi , my rear suspension ( hydraulic) seems to have a mind of its own at the moment  :rolleyes: ...every now and again it will seem to lose pressure and drop right on to its bump stops ,then 1/2 hr later or so i will come back to it and its back to normal height and no problems for a couple of weeks or so ...the lhm fluid is topped up , it goes right up when i press the button in the boot , its not losing any fluid  :blink: ...any suggestions ???? apart from that ive just changed the water pump , tensioners , and cam belt and its running like a dream  :D  cheers les

Not a loose power lead to the pump is it?

Edited by Rippthrough

holemi

have had a look ( unbolted the 4 bolts that holds the lmh bottle in place ) and its just lots of wires that goes to god knows where :blink: ...i conquered the bx 16v suspension system when i had one because through the owners someone had experience with any particular problem ...but with the mi16x4 , not being that popular in terms of ownership , im finding it hard ...does anyone know of any manuals specifically for the mi16x4 ??? ( the 405 manual tell you bu**er all :huh: )...was supposed to be going to Ireland in it tommorow , but it looks like its the AX GTI instead :unsure: ...good to the gallon , but not exactly a family cruiser :rolleyes: ...cheers les

holemi

just to add , when i press the triangle symbol in the boot to lift the suspension< it takes about 20-30 seconds to start lifting the rear of the car ...the motor that powers it changes note and then lifts it to fulll height ...any ideas???

cybernck

maybe the pump is clogged up with dirt.

iirc there's a little filter inside.

Sign in to follow this