• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest badinfluencemi16

Hid's And Different Light Mods On Your 405

Rippthrough

I think you've been swindled, no-one makes 10000k HID bulbs.

Guest badinfluencemi16

what are you talking about.. HIDs run from 6,000k (yellow color), 8,000k (white color), 10,000k (blue color), & 12,000k (purple color).

610622_48_full.jpg

Rippthrough
what are you talking about.. HIDs run from 6,000k (yellow color), 8,000k (white color), 10,000k (blue color), & 12,000k (purple color).

610622_48_full.jpg

Nope, it's a marketing gimmick, nobody makes a bulb above a true 8000k for automotive use, most not above 6000k, something like 4500k is the brightest btw. 12000k would be nearly ultraviolet, and completely useless.

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

Edited by Rippthrough

Guest badinfluencemi16

well, i dont know, all i know is that i have the blue hids, its the degree above the white, and the degree below the purple.

BTW my angel eyes just came in today, so i cant wait to put them on. ;)

cybernck

cool, keep us updated, i'm eager to see what angel lights look like coupled with HID's.

KRISKARRERA

They do look very bright.

By the way, what's that black rubber thing on your inlet manifold? Looks a bit like a gearbox-side engine mount with a cable coming out of it. Something to do with cruise control?

Guest badinfluencemi16

yea, its the cruise control pump. for example if u go 70 mph and you want to stay at that speed, u click the cruise control button and that rubber piece creates a vacume and stays in that position until you push on the gas or brake.

also stay tuned for my light swap. im going to put on the angel eyes hopefully on saturday. i have to change the bulbs from the place i bought the HIDS from because on the new angel eye, the bulbs are now H1 instead of the original 9004. im also thinking of getting yellow hids or yellow bulbs to put on the high beems. it should look really nice.

Guest borgo

To me it looks like around 8000k.

Guest badinfluencemi16

yea to me too, i guess its the company that i get the HIDs from, because i have seen them bluer than mine. but mine are SUPPOSED to be blue.. :blink:

Rippthrough

yea to me too, i guess its the company that i get the HIDs from, because i have seen them bluer than mine. but mine are SUPPOSED to be blue.. :blink:

Probably 6000k bulbs with painted glass.

Guest badinfluencemi16

Probably 6000k bulbs with painted glass.

no they are not those fake HIDs with the blue glass.. these are the real HID kit. it costed me $380.00 USD.

Guest badinfluencemi16

MY NEW ANGEL EYES

pugangeleyes010.jpg

pugangeleyes009.jpg

pugangeleyes008.jpg

pugangeleyes007.jpg

0701062232.jpg

i still need to get a couple of bulbs for the angel eyes, these are all regular factory bulbs, very dull in color.. i need to get some hyper white bulbs

Edited by badinfluencemi16

Rippthrough
no they are not those fake HIDs with the blue glass.. these are the real HID kit. it costed me $380.00 USD.

Yes, but to get colours above 6000k usually they have to paint the tips of the bulb.

Guest badinfluencemi16

no, i dont know about what they do in europe, but here in the states, the color is determined by the box that suppllies the power. the bulbs are the same, but the more powerful the box is, the more colorful it gets. for example, the 6,000 box supplies a strong white color, the 10,000 supplies a blues color, and the 12,000 supplies a purple color.. but the bulbs are all the same

lemans120

no disrespect but the fit looks a bit dodgy did they go on alright and can you get the plastic trims back on under the lights or have you got to modify them ,also looks a bit out against the wings could be just the photos though

cybernck

where have you bought these from?

the ones on ebay are a bit different...

hmm... actually, this is the style that's on ebay now, but they used to be a different style.

Guest badinfluencemi16

yea i bought them on ebay, and yes they fit fine. they were only bolted on with two bolts because i had to take them off to wire up the headlight bulbs. but my motor is out of my car, and should be done in about 2 weeks. ill take some new pics when the car is finished. should look nice :)

lemans120

that would explain it then they are an improvement on the standard ones i must admit i've been toying with the idea of those on the lemans with the smoked lexus rear lights but i feel i need to put it back to standard and put the bumper and grill on the track car.

Guest badinfluencemi16

these are some pics of my car in da garage getting worked on

mypugnomotor002.jpg

mypugnomotor014.jpg

mypugnomotor010.jpg

mypugnomotor005.jpg

Guest pugmi16vt

LOVE THE LOOK!! in comparison to the dual original ones with seperate sides.... Also are these glass or plastic? I went on ebay US and ebay UK but can't find them for the 405 anyone have a place I can pick up a pair??

cybernck

i'm not sure if they're available for RHD (yet) but "405 angel" brings them up for me (on ebay.de though).

p.s. please enter your details into your profile, especially your location information.

Guest pugmi16vt

AHHH thats a killer :) hehe I sooooo hope they make RHD... who can I contact? who is the actual maker of these ligts? just would be nice to have a single piece instead of the two seperate ones that I have now.

cybernck

well in the US the steering wheel is on your left hand side (hence LHD) so why are you bothered about RHD? :D

Guest pugmi16vt

LMAO!!!! OMG no comment ;) hehe I read that completely wrong..... yes LHD is what I was thinking...... sweet I am GTG.... so ebay.de it is hehe as I don't see any on ebay.com for me thanks again!!!!

bare with me lol but what are there many different models of the angel eyes? The ones on ebay.de look like the ones at the beginnin of this post yet the ones linked below are different looking.

http://cgi.ebay.de/SCHEINWERFER-PEUGEOT-40...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://tunimpex.fr/shop/product_info.php?products_id=384

anyone know which is recommended?

Edited by pugmi16vt

Sign in to follow this