• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DesMi16

Mi16 On Tb's

Guest DesMi16

Thought it's been a bit quiet in the tuning section lately so here's a couple of pictures of my bro's 405. The spec we've gone for is,

KMS Throttle bodies and management

Catcams 283 cams

Catcams vernier pulleys

11:1 compression ratio

Quaife diff

Ive put a picture on of the side profile aswell. Ignore the wheels as he's waiting for his 17's back from powder coating and he's also witing for the spoiler back from paint, but, i don't know why but i quite like it without the spoiler!!

post-53-13454031807_thumb.jpg

post-53-134540318343_thumb.jpg

Jer309GTi

Looking good :) This is a similar spec to how I'm planning on rebuilding my engine but I'll be going for Weber 45's rather than TB's (purely down to the fact I can't afford TB's yet).

I do like the spoilers on 405's but you're right it does look quite good without it! Bit of a sleeper

lemans120

looking good mate will have a good look next weekend,are we going to see it used in anger would be good to see it go down the pod see what difference the diff makes as i have real trouble launching the track car of the line without wheelspin ,think you should convince him he needs to test it properly maybe we could have a head to head ,standard and stripped vs modded

holemi

hi , just one question , why have you not put the cambelt cover on it ??? surely this makes it vulnerable to stones etc getting stuck in the belt and dislodging it :o and ruining all the hard work gone into the engine and car !!

Guest DesMi16
hi , just one question  , why have you not put the cambelt cover on it ??? surely this makes it vulnerable to stones etc getting stuck in the belt and dislodging it  :o  and ruining all the hard work gone into the engine and car !!

Very true but it does make it far easier to adjust the cam timing when setting the car up.

Seen enough cam belts dislodged by stones with the cover on but this is mainly due to ditching the car in the gravel traps too often. As my bro is using it as a road only car then the risks are minimal.

Guest DesMi16
looking good mate will have a good look next weekend,are we going to see it used in anger would be good to see it go down the pod see what difference the diff makes as i have real trouble launching the track car of the line without wheelspin ,think you should convince him he needs to test it properly maybe we could have a head to head ,standard and stripped vs modded

I tell you what mate, it's rapid!!! I'll see if he is interested in getting it head to head as the performance is superb. Pulls strong up to 4500rpm and then at 4500 the back of the car squats about 3" and the thing takes off. Still pulling hard with no sign of dropping off when it hits the limiter at 7400rpm.

I'm seriously thinking of taking the carbs and management off the 205 and putting them on my 405.

holemi
hi , just one question  , why have you not put the cambelt cover on it ??? surely this makes it vulnerable to stones etc getting stuck in the belt and dislodging it  :o  and ruining all the hard work gone into the engine and car !!

Very true but it does make it far easier to adjust the cam timing when setting the car up.

Seen enough cam belts dislodged by stones with the cover on but this is mainly due to ditching the car in the gravel traps too often. As my bro is using it as a road only car then the risks are minimal.

yeah , i know what you mean , i am doing my own at the moment and its a pain in the ar*e....remove the engine mount to get cover off etc , :o ...

lemans120

he should be in the low 15s with that setup i would think,so should be close ,i think you need to ditch the 205 aswell mate have proven that the 405 can match them for agility and there easier to drive on the limit and probably as much fun let me take you up the hill on sunday so you can see the 405 is the way forward :D put that engine back where it belongs and join me in hassleing the others on track who think all the 405 is good for is a taxi

Guest DesMi16
he should be in the low 15s with that setup i would think,so should be close ,i think you need to ditch the 205 aswell mate have proven that the 405 can match them for agility and there easier to drive on the limit and probably as much fun let me take you up the hill on sunday so you can see the 405 is the way forward  :D put that engine back where it belongs and join me in hassleing the others on track who think all the 405 is good for is a taxi

:lol: I'm all too aware of the dynamic superiority of the 405. The only problem is that i've spent far too much money on my 205 now to go back on it. Bit of a pain in the arse really as the first time I drove an Mi with no interior i really wanted it as my track car but Sarah put her foot down and made me refit the interior.

Sign in to follow this