• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kfj94117

Need Help For My Dead Mi16 (cleveland, Oh, Usa)

Guest kfj94117

Hello,

This is the first time I write here??.I would like to ask for help about my 1992 405 Mi16. It died last year on the way to Niagara Falls (I live in Cleveland, OH, USA). The engine caught fire because of a leakage in the exhaust pipe (there is a huge crack on the pipe). Luckily I found another Mi16 that I am driving right now, but I would still like to revive the dead one since it looks much nicer (besides engine and exhaust). I am not an expert but hopefully it will start running if a new engine and exhaust system are installed. A biggest problem is I cannot find anyone here in Cleveland area who can fix it (nobody even wants to touch Peugeot here)..And of course another problem is the cost??But if it does not cost too much and if I can find someone who can repair it, I would really like to drive it again??.So I would be happy if anyone gives me advices about??

1. how much would the repair roughly cost (let?s say, putting a new motor and exhaust system plus some additional things to fix)??

2. if there are any Peugeot mechanics in Cleveland area, or somewhere close-by (let?s say within 200 miles).

When I purchased it in 2004, I had it serviced in Ramsey Peugeot in NJ. So, I could potentially bring it there again. Or somewhere in Northeast or Chicago-area would not be too far??. But it will cost $600 just to ship the car, so it would be nicer if I can find someone closer??.Anyway, most important thing is whether I can revive this 405 and use it as my primary car (for a short daily use and long distance travels??I go often to Buffalo area that is ~200 miles of distance). I do not have plenty of money but I have plenty of time (since I have another 405 to drive). It has just 90K miles and I changed clutch, brake, tires, and timing belt in 2004. I would be very happy if anyone can give me any advices. Thank you very much for your time!!

Koh

Guest badinfluencemi16

HEY BUDDY.... WHATS GOING ON, MY FATHER IS ACTUALLY GOOD FRIENDS WITH ALBERTO FROM THE PEUGEOT DEALER IN RAMSEY, MY FATHER GETS ALL MY PARTS FROM THERE, AND MY FATHER IS A PEUGEOT MECHANIC ALSO IN RIDGEWOOD, NJ. MAYBE IF YOU EVER COME TO NJ, WE CAN MEET UP OR SOMETHING.

Sign in to follow this