• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Baz

Gearbox Oil

Baz

Just wondering, is it totally necessary to put in 75w80 as stated? Is there anything remotely wrong in using boggo 75w90 gearbox oil?

I wouldn't of thought so, and a few friends think the same, but my dad and a few of his friends, supposedly 'wiser' think its stated to be used for a reason!!

:unsure:

Guest franco

I use 75w-90 Motul synthetic gearbox oil in mine without any problems.

Jer309GTi

I think 75w90 is fine. Just don't use 80w90, makes for a horrible stiff gearchange. Found that out in my 205, trying to save a few £ by using cheaper gear oil

KRISKARRERA

ECP and GSF don't seem to be selling gear oil via mail order anymore. Bit of a pain cos they did it very cheaply. Is 75w90 thicker than 75w80?

Rippthrough
ECP and GSF don't seem to be selling gear oil via mail order anymore. Bit of a pain cos they did it very cheaply. Is 75w90 thicker than 75w80?

Yes.

Guest Eric Josefsson

I find the gearbox to like some oil´s and hate some.

Quaker State super Q5 works fine for me, but a "Texaco" gearoil (bought in panic at a gasstation at midnight before a race) with same spec. was worthless.

Redline is also known to be great, but for me it was a bit to much money.

Sign in to follow this