• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stuey

Crappy Clutch Cable Clip

Stuey

I've never been let down by the dreaded clutch cable clip breaking, but I've read plenty about others that have. This morning (while waiting for an hour and a 10km - literally - long queue to get into the Perth V8 Supercars round) I imagined the damn thing breaking as my clutch leg fatigued...

So, my question is - has any aftermarket supplier made a metal one so we can eliminate this source of unreliability?

Cheers

Stuey

KRISKARRERA

Doubt it, I've had mine go on me before but that was because my foot slipped off the clutch pedal in the wet. A right pain to fit.

gingerscotsman

I have had this happen many times with the various 405's I have had. First time the AA man came out and replaced it. Said it was a common thing to break but had a replacement part that he said was made of a stronger material. True to his word I never had a bother with that car again.

My other 405 that I had was a different story. My foot slipped off the clutch but instead of breaking the clip it just popped off:) I never had AA at the time (I was a poor student) and I ended up stripping the pedals out in the dark and rain using the light reflected from a CD from a street light !!!! :o What a pain in the backside job that was but I managed (After 4 hrs!!)

:lol:

Sejo

There´s no metal one to get. But I have a metal one :) After my 3th plastic clip has broken, my father spent a hole day making one out of metal!

See ya

Sign in to follow this