• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexN

Mi16x4 Rear Suspension

AlexN

Should you be able to activate the rear suspension on an Mi16x4 without the ignition on? I was just wondering as there is a sticker under my boot lid saying that the ignition should be on the first turn when changing the tyre, and the only reason I can think for this is to activate the rear suspension, however my suspension happily jacks up without the ignition on. Can anyone give me a definitive answer? Thanks.

petert1345402284

The master switch in the back overides everything. It's unswitched, but fused. Under normal conditions, the ride height will change regardless of the ignition switch position. However, there are lockouts when either the handbrake is on, or the brake light is on.

AlexN

Thanks for the reply Peter, I hope that you could answer one more query for me! Am I right in saying that the rear suspension fuse is fuse 15? If so I am getting a constant drain on the battery through fuse 15 and I have narrowed it down to wire 13E (brown) which I have tracked to the rear of the car. I have had other wiring problems on the car that I have now thankfully solved, but I am not sure if this remaining drain is large enough to run the battery down, or if it is meant to be happening as part of the rear suspension system. Can anyone tell me where wire 13E goes and if it should be continuously drawing power with the ignition off? Thanks, Alex.

petert1345402284

There's two fuses but I don't have the wiring diagram handy to check. One is in the general fuse block, the other near the ECU from memory. I'll scan the wiring diagram later and post it.

AlexN

Thanks for doing that, hopefully that will help me track down the problem (if there is one!)

Sign in to follow this