• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danrogers

Sun Roof

danrogers

My sun roof has stopped functioning, the motor makes strange noises and only moves the roof a slight bit. Is this a big job to change the motor? be greatfull on any advice cheers

Guest P Zero

Sounds like the problem with mine. I'm waiting until the summer to fix it so I dont get stuck in the pouring rain with a hole in the roof :blink:

KRISKARRERA

Uh oh.

The good old 405 sunroof. I once read "use your sunroof all year round to stop everything seizing up." So I started using it now and then in the winter... BAD IDEA! Tried to open the sunroof one crisp day and obviously not all the frost had melted. Ended up just like yours. And then I locked my key in car and rather than brake a window or find a chav to unlock the car I ripped the sunroof off to get in. It never stayed in properly after that and took off into orbit at 130mph. This was back in 02 and I think Pug wanted roundabouts £500 to fix it.

Probably not the case with yours though but I'm afraid I know zilch about how to fix them.

Len405

Danrogers - its dead easy and simple job to replace the electric motor. Prise out the lights in the little overhead console, few screws and its off!

BUT! I am willing to bet it aint the motor! It will be the screw drives. These are similar to the window drives and are like a flexible threaded rod and they have probably siezed up!

There is a drive socket once you take the motor off which is worth putting a hex head on a big ratchet to see if you can shift it, plus copious amounts of WD40, but again I doubt it.

So either pay Peugeot the £500 or go source a sunroof that you know is working.

I took mine out of my GTX before I scrapped it. Not a very difficult job, just one of those complete b@stard jobs coz you have to be very careful not to break any of the headlining and plastic A,B & C post mouldings!!!!

danrogers

cheers for your help guys sounds like youve had a bit of a nightmare with yours Kris! I'm guna have a closer inspection at the weekend and see if it might be these screw drives you said about

Rippthrough
cheers for your help guys sounds like youve had a bit of a nightmare with yours Kris! I'm guna have a closer inspection at the weekend and see if it might be these screw drives you said about

It could also be the external motor gearing, which seems to be made of toffee. If so, go to a watchmakers and ask if he can match a high precision set up, mine did, never had a problem with them since.

It's the screw drives that are the problem now :)

Len405

The symptoms sound exactly the same as mine. Where the roof will move a tad in both modes (raise/open)

Yes the plastic gear wheels are not that special but seem adequate when the drive rods are free moving.

Guest Robley

Mine will lift but not slide open?

Len405

That sounds strange Robley.

Umm have you taken the little roof console off and had a look? See if there is a link rod come out of its locator.

Only thing I can think of mate.

Feeble

My Mi has the same problem, rather unsurprisingly... :P

I've taken it all apart and sprayed WD40 on the bit where the cog sits... But I doubt that will be enough. Is there anywhere else along them screw bits that I can easily get to, to spray? :)

Guest badboyracer3500
Mine will lift but not slide open?

Ditto, just like mine :D:(:angry: ........what a pi** off.

I don't like being gotten the better of.

Will fix this when i have time. <_<

Borntobewild

Take it appart and see if there's something blokking the window.

Happens allot

Sign in to follow this