• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danrogers

Rear Brake Compensator

danrogers

I?m in the process of changing all brake hose's and lines on my early 92 MI. It?s been going quite smoothly until I came across something which appears to be a brake compensator at the back, I guess it?s in relation to the suspension load. The problem is that there is a spring which was already snapped, so it hasn?t been working for some time. I removed the unit and upon closer inspection I think the 2 pistons that must control flow in relation to the suspension height have seized.

Has anyone had much experience with these units and are they really that necessary? If so where could I grab a new one and is it a MI only thing or all 405s?

Many thanks in advance

Guest Eric Josefsson

All 405 with disk-brakes as far as I know.. Most cars I've checked from the -90´s seems to have it in some form.

I bought a new at my Peugeot-dealer in sweden fo about 62£ (with Swedish 25% VAT)

In Sweden it must funktion or the car will not be legal (it´s checked one time/year) If it works without I dont know, but i use the crap as a substitute to brake-balance control. (I'ts no legal to have a real brake-balance controller installed here)

Sign in to follow this