• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jdr

Gutmann Rear Spoiler?

jdr

Hi, i have a 205 rallye uk spec and it has a black gutmann rear spoiler attached. Was this spoiler an opitional part? My car is 100% original apart from the cd player and i was just wondering for originalitys sake what to do with this spoiler. Thanks.

BlueBolt

You'll have a few offers without doubt for it!! They were in the options I believe, so are an original item even if not made by Peugeot themselves.

I really like mine. Wasn't sure about it when I got my current 205, but love it now!!

Henry Yorke

It was an option in the accessories catalogue from Peugeot in 1992 where it showed it on the back of a yellow Rallye. I have it somewhere in my piles of Peugeot papers.

Ones from Gutmann had Gutmann stamped on them, ones from Peugeot didn't, so technically one is aftermarket!!

jdr

Thanks for the help, if selling the rallye would it fetch more with or without the spoiler?

Henry Yorke

It will not make much difference. If you removed it, then it will leave 3 holes in the boot and a load of glue on the roof, so I think that would devalue it

allye

More! Its a very period mod and an option from the dealer, I used to have on but stupily sold it for £60, I tried buying bluebolt's but he wouldn't let me! haha

harryskid

More! Its a very period mod and an option from the dealer, I used to have on but stupily sold it for £60, I tried buying bluebolt's but he wouldn't let me! haha

I was thinking of mugging him for it ! :ph34r:

welshpug

I know where there is one too :lol:

harryskid

I know where there is one too :lol:

Could be interested if the price is right! :)

MiniGibbo

Read so much about these on here but have never seen one on a car too my knowledge..?

What do they look like...

allye

My Rallye in its early days.

back.jpg

rear.jpg

IMGP0035.jpg

MiniGibbo

Is that the spoiler everyone is on about....

Seriously.. It looks s*it.

welshpug

Everything looks s*it to gibbo, he is mr negative :lol:

Edited by welshpug

allye

You're wrong, bitches love spoilers everyone knows that. Doubly so when they are super rare genuine period mods :lol:

BlueBolt

Without fail, EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion!!!

Except good sir... You!! As yours is wrong!! lmao :ph34r::blush:

I like mine!! It's not completely right and took me a while to get used to, but I like it lots and lots!!!

aa4ca300.jpg

a55f767b.jpg

Not the best pics, but all I can find at the moment...

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

I do like that spoiler - it's not oversized and i see it as a nice retro / period mod too. Although i can see why it's a bit like Marmite for some - just like the red reflective panels - some like them, others don't.

chipstick

I do like that spoiler - it's not oversized and i see it as a nice retro / period mod too. Although i can see why it's a bit like Marmite for some - just like the red reflective panels - some like them, others don't.

Then you have the people that think things look horrible, but because they know others think they are rare, cool etc they fit them anyway to keep up with the Jones' and feel elite.

AlexRS2782

Then you have the people that think things look horrible, but because they know others think they are rare, cool etc they fit them anyway to keep up with the Jones' and feel elite.

In my case, apparently, it's because i have no taste (as per a reply i got on another forum re my car and it's rear panel) :cry: Although i've also been told this could also be to the fact i fitted Morette headlights to both my Pug & the FRS :hehe:

In honesty if i'd owned the 205 back when it was pretty new i'd probably still have modified it with the rear panel and the Morette's like i have at the moment :)

Edited by AlexRS2782

MiniGibbo

You should know by now my opinion is the only opinion that counts -_-

JRL

They fit easily just screw in the original holes so no nasty mastic is needed. They are quite hard to come by, took me a few years until one came up for sale.

Henry Yorke

They fit easily just screw in the original holes so no nasty mastic is needed. They are quite hard to come by, took me a few years until one came up for sale.

The top edge should be bonded down though otherwise it will flap up at speed. The screw holes alone were not enough on the two I fitted and the instructions said they should be bonded too.

JRL

The top edge should be bonded down though otherwise it will flap up at speed. The screw holes alone were not enough on the two I fitted and the instructions said they should be bonded too.

Ah yes thats true, I used a number plate adhesive fixing for that bit.