• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Oil Pressure Switch Seal

chipstick

I am changing my oil pressure 'mushroom' sensor over so want to buy a new *small* copper seal.

I bought one several months ago, and according to my records I think I used part number: 16488

I did replace several at the same time so that may not be the correct number. Anyway, I have looked on servicebox to check part numbers and I have found the number 1170 09 as a PRSS SWTCH SEAL on a diagram which shows the 'mushroom'. I don't want to get confused and order the wrong one. I initially thought that may be the larger one for the actual stop light seal (same as a sump plug washer IIRC) - yet the picture clearly showed the 'mushroom'. It's NFP, so dashed my hopes.

I wondered if anyone has ordered the smaller copper washer for the 'mushroom' pressure sender recently or could confirm the correct part number.

GLPoomobile

Can't answer the question, but I've often re-used copper sealing washers by annealing them - get it red hot using a blowtorch, or on your overn hob, then toss it in cold water. I'd also thoroughly recommend using some plumbers PTFE tape on the sensor thread when putting back in, just to help the seal. When I fitted a T-piece in place of my pressure switch it leaked like a twat even with a brand new washer, and I didn't know about it until I turned up for my MOT and they pointed out I'd left a trail of oil down their drive :angry: Was a right cock having to remove it all to re-seal it (which I did with PTFE tape).

Edited by GLPoomobile

chipstick

I use PTFE tape aswell for Justin Case, but find the thread on the adapter is poor, so I like to have a copper seal on there also.

Tom Fenton

All you need is a copper washer with a 10mm hole in it, I wouldn't waste your time trying to order from a dealer, I'm sure you'll be able to find one at a hydraulics or hardware shop.

chipstick

It's only because I'm going in later with a list so thought I'd order on at the same time. I'm sure Halfords may have something on the shelf for ease.

S@m

16488 is a steel washer with a rubber ring - commonly used as a sump plug washer on modern TU engines it is not a copper washer. Oddly, some models are shown as having no washer there, such as the BX.

chipstick

16488 is a steel washer with a rubber ring - commonly used as a sump plug washer on modern TU engines it is not a copper washer. Oddly, some models are shown as having no washer there, such as the BX.

Ahh right. So that will be the one that goes on the end for the stop light switch. Damn my list of hundreds of parts invoices and Peugeot's poor descriptions :lol:

harryskid

Its not rocket science to produce a copper washer using a flat piece of copper of the right thickness and a drill bit! -_-

chipstick

Its not rocket science to produce a copper washer using a flat piece of copper of the right thickness and a drill bit! -_-

So you obviously grow your own vegetables then :lol:

harryskid

So you obviously grow your own vegetables then :lol:

As a matter of fact i do grow some! :)

Sign in to follow this