• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug Monkey

Constella "quick Shift" Gear Shift

Pug Monkey

Hi guys,

Looking at purchasing one of these babies but I'd like to see the actual throw before I spend the hard erned. I have sent a message to Constella hoping maybe they have some video footage but no luck.

Does anyone on here have some in car footage )track day etc) that may be using a Quick shift stick - either Constellar or compbrakemotorsport?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-309-GTI-QUICKSHIFT-QUICK-SHIFT-GEAR-STICK-/270888060553?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f122fc689

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-Quickshift-Gear-Stick-/271005364493?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A205&hash=item3f192db10d

Thanks so much.

McDude

You could acheive the short throw much more cheaply by shifting the ball on the pivot joint, closer to the pivot. Sounds like gibberish written like that, but that is all the Skip Brown kits are.

Pug Monkey

Hi McDude,

I have done that. I took 12mm out of the gear "pivot" in prep for a quick shift with the longer stalk.. Just never seen one in action.

Edited by Pug Monkey

Anthony

This seems appropriate place to copy this picture from Paul_13's project thread...

th_IMAG0857.jpg

That's a Compbrakebroken item.

Baz

And the constella ones i've had have/were broken too, although they've supposedly changed the design now, but they look identical.

Made my own that does the job better.

Gman

This seems appropriate place to copy this picture from Paul_13's project thread...

th_IMAG0857.jpg

That's a Compbrakebroken item.

It was Paul's though, so he probably just sneezed on it and it bent

• Like 1

Rob_Constella

And the constella ones i've had have/were broken too, although they've supposedly changed the design now, but they look identical.

Made my own that does the job better.

There is no supposedly about it.

calvinhorse

Rob- is the whole lever longer or just below the pivot?

Will it work with miles/bbm gear rods?

Rob_Constella

It will certainly work with either of their gear rods, as well as our own.

And its just the lower portion thats longer.

Baz

There is no supposedly about it.

Fair enough Rob, but again it looks exactly the same, is it now one-piece then?

harryskid

Got me going there but having read all the replys, i still carry on looking into the Satchell one as it looks better! :)

Baz

It wants to do more than 'look' better at the price...!!

harryskid

It wants to do more than 'look' better at the price...!!

Yes i agree with you there Baz but you know what i mean! :lol:

Pug Monkey

Uumm ok I think I see what you meen. Bit surprised though..... - Rob_Constellar (I take it you are from Constellar) are you interested in describing the improvements? ...in fact, when I emailed you via ebay, it was you that suggested that I post a message on here....

Quote "Hi Mark,

Unfortunately i dont personally have any footage, but a quick search on 205gti drivers may help, there are many reviews on there of our product.

Regards,

Steph"

tri_longer

To come to Rob's aid a little, I have had 2 of the Constella ones on 2 different cars, one still in use, the other sold to someone on here if my memory serves me. Both of mine have been used in sprint/hillclimb cars with aggresive changes a common practice and have had no issues with either of them. The design must have changed as neither of them don't look anything like the ones in the pic.

Pug Monkey

No other takers for video?

stebbs

I have one of these and I'm a right 'snatcher' so to speak. Never had any trouble with mine. Done nearly 10k now and a couple of track days.Tom

Sign in to follow this