• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Trigger Wheel Setup, Can One Use From 2.0 16V Hdis?

B1ack_Mi16

After I've been working a bit on my 407 2.0 HDi I've started thinking about using the same trigger setup on the upcoming T16 I'm building.

Do anyone here know if the modern diesels also use 50-2 setup on those trigger wheels mounted on the cambelt side of the engine?

It will give a orginal realible trigger setup and allow to use flywheels wighout the trigger tooth machined into them.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions on this topic :)

cybernck

I don't know, but isn't it 60-2 that you meant? :)

petert

What's wrong with the standard 60-2 + home setup?

B1ack_Mi16

Nothing wrong with it, and T16 clutch is now NFP and hard to get. Therefore it could be Nice to have a setup not relying on the flywheel if a custom clutch and flywheel setup is to be installed later. At least if the power is getting close to 500 bhp I think that might be totally necessary.

Therefore Im wondering if the oe trigger sensor and wheel from the diesel can be used. Ill be using å third party management, not decided which one yet.

[L'e$kro]

The clutch setup depends on the gearbox you want to use.

If you have a Me/ML gearbox, then keep the clutch and flywheel from the 8v turbo engine. It has the same trigger angle and 60-2 setup as the usual mi16 flywheel

If you have a Be gearbox, you can use the 8v turbo flywheel but it will need machining 3mm from its face, otherwise the mechanism will foul the bell housing.

For the clutch disc you can use the gti180 that has the correct amount of splines and is 230mm, or a custom/aftermarket one

I have that setup on mine and so far so good.

Nico

pug_ham

Don't the modern PSA diesels also use the 60-2 flywheel?

I know my 306 hdi has the same set up & thought they still had on the never ones with the added bonus of a bigger clutch than the equivalent petrol engine, iirc my hdi has a 235mm clutch.

g

welshpug

Yes they use the standard 60-2 flywheel pattern and crank sensor, though it is different to an XU10 flywheel regarding the clutch, most of them use the very same sensor.

As it happens, the XUD9 is the same bar the timing teeth as the XU10 (i.e 215mm clutch), so many tuned HDI's use XU10 flywheels and XUD9TE clutches as the 90 bhp HDI clutch can't cope as well, which is odd given the extra size of the 90 bhp hdi clutch.

B1ack_Mi16

Graham:

The modern PSA diesels have dual mass flywheels. The ones I have seen (from late DW10 from 407 2.0 HDI) do not have the 60-2 trigger on them, and the flywheels are like 6cm thick. I believe that is the reason for them to change to a different trigger setup.

petert

I'd still run the std T!6 flywheel (maybe lightened a tad) and get someone to make a clutch. Don't you have such services in your country? Running 60-2 + home is so easy now.

pug_ham
Yes they use the standard 60-2 flywheel pattern and crank sensor, though it is different to an XU10 flywheel regarding the clutch, most of them use the very same sensor.

The crank sensor on my hdi (& from what I've seen, most newer PSA diesels) is only a two pin sensor unlike the three pin sensors on other newer petrol engine ecu's I've seen & this is reflected in a quick look on service box between the diesel & petrol engines in the 306.

The modern PSA diesels have dual mass flywheels. The ones I have seen (from late DW10 from 407 2.0 HDI) do not have the 60-2 trigger on them, and the flywheels are like 6cm thick.

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about the DMF trend but why not just swap to a lightened solid one, especially if you are going to be putting out such a large amount of power & torque through it.

g

B1ack_Mi16

Ok. It was actually more a hypothetical question if anyone knew if the signal on the new ones is compatible or not with the standard 60-2 signal.

I will use the 60-2 standard T16 flywheel and clutch in the beginning. It's for the 405 T16 not a 205 btw.

B1ack_Mi16

I know, already spent like 4500 euros on transmission/drivetrain parts from Charles :)

[L'e$kro]

Ok, if you have a 405 t16 you had to know him :D

At worst making a clutch to work is not the worst issue, as you could fit a multi-disc Quarter Master / Tilton / AP Racing one on a machined standard flywheel.

But Im getting off topic a bit, sorry..

Nico