• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Decent Cam Kit For Gti6

Karl

hi there being looking to tune my 205 gti6 as many of you know ;) (thanks for all the help and advice) i am exploring as many diffrent avenues as possible so i know the money i spend will make me happ :) just wondering where i can get some good cams that are value for money.

i would prefer a full cam kit cams, pulley etc

many thanks

karl ;)

dcc

Google or even the search function on the forum. This forum isnt the best of resources for gti6's

Try the 306 gti owners club or similar.

You wont fit any higher lift or longer duration cams safely in a standard engine. So, no, there are no cheap value for money upgrades for cams in a gti6.

Alastairh

Save your cash for a charger kit. Once you've bought a set of pullies, lumpy sticks, belt and a remap you will be pushing a grand including labour. Then you can't go anything lary without modifying the pistons.

Keep your eyes peeled over on the GTi6 forum for a second hand charger kit if i were you.

Al

• Like 1

Miles

As above, without a known history of the engine fitting cam's can be tricky as you never know the true piston to valve clearance,

Unless you go for some re-profiled cams and a remap even with DIY fitting cams you'll be at the price above, Factor in labour then add around 4 hours to the cost for little gain.

Nothing cheap in engine tuning on these

Karl

oks thanks guys charger kit it is thn :D

petert

Yes, the PSA engineer who designed the pistons for the RS has a lot to answer for. I'm sure he had a brain snap, argument with wife, bullied at work, speeding ticket on the way to work, etc., and said, "stuff you lot!".

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this