• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Extracting More Power From My Gti6 (220+ Bhp)

petert

At £1800.00 Miles is probably quoting the total cost of a bottom end rebuild. However, the cost of boring four holes is AUS$200 + approx $800-$1000 for pistons.

Miles

It was just parts, Rods, Pistons, Boring, Crank would add another £200.00 ish, thats using Omega or JE Piston's thou

Karl

right then super charger conversion its looking like then as a rebore will be about the same as a supercharger kit

how hard isit to fit 1 and anyone know where i can get one ??

rallyeash

You won't eat scoobys and evos for breakfast with 220 hp, not off a set of lights anyway. I've got a scoob and a 205....

welshpug

I've got a 360 bhp scoob

efa ;)

stock ones he will have. !

rallyeash

wont "eat for breakfast" a UK spec one though. will be a fairly even match to 60 in my opinion, thats if the 205 gets traction off the line. My 205 struggles in third at 60+ for traction even with a tranX plate diff

harryskid

My subaru wrx makes 230bhp and is rapid but my gti6 engined rally car on tbs with Miles gear ratios he did for me feels just as quick if not quicker from a standing start!

MiniGibbo

Uk turbo scoobs may as well be non turbos they're that tame..

• Like 1

camgti

Scoobs are pretty boring to and sound like there missing spark plugs IMO... ( Prepares fire suit )

Cam

petert

and sound like there missing spark plugs IMO...

yes, agreed, they're missing four!

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Tbf they sound epic.

kyepan

My old 240ft lbs of torque pulsar GTI-r vs my current MI on bodies 160ft lb - feels about the same, perhaps the puslar had a bit more kick, but not much more urge.

I guess thats because there is more than 400kgs difference in weight between the two, which pretty much evens it out.

torque to weight ratios people. Love the sound of scoobs, with a decent exhaust on they sound almost fighter plane esq on over-run.

MiniGibbo

There was what looked like a p1 at Combe earlier this year with a screamer pipe.. Now that did sound like a fighter jet..!!

God knows how he past the static as when on the other side of the track you could hear it over the cars passing on our side.

Tom Fenton

My old 240ft lbs of torque pulsar GTI-r vs my current MI on bodies 160ft lb - feels about the same, perhaps the puslar had a bit more kick, but not much more urge.

I guess thats because there is more than 400kgs difference in weight between the two,

Also don't forget 2wd versus 4wd drivetrain losses. I did a very good test of this a few years ago as I owned both a 2wd and 4wd 405 Mi16, the difference was massive.

• Like 2

BlueBolt

Problem with Scoobies is that they've turned into out and out clit cars..... I've never been a fan of them, but can't put my finger on exactly why... Evo's are epic, not the same sound, but again, they're a bit like driving a PS3... Meaning anyone can drive one quickly, the level of skill is massively reduced by how competent the car is at just about any corner you want to throw it into at any speed (within reason I guess) but you get the point I'm making......

Back on topic...

I like the idea of the charger!! If it weren't for the massive cost and apparent lack of rapid feeling you get from it, then I may well have gone for something along these lines...

Instead, I have gone with my bodies and don't care if I'm not the quickest of cars around... I'm quick enough, smiles per mile are far too high to count, and, let's face it, a set of bodies on a pre-cat car..... Who doesn't love the sound of that???!!!! :D

• Like 1

Karl

lol yeh man i agree with you i just want that bit more power lol will get a throttle conv at some point ho i think just need a cash flow boost and something to look forward to which now i have will let you all know when im doing it an will do a project thread for any one wanting to do the same :)

harryskid

lol yeh man i agree with you i just want that bit more power lol will get a throttle conv at some point ho i think just need a cash flow boost and something to look forward to which now i have will let you all know when im doing it an will do a project thread for any one wanting to do the same :)

Now your talking with the right cash flow boost there are no limits! :lol:

• Like 1

CaptainK

Instead, I have gone with my bodies and don't care if I'm not the quickest of cars around... I'm quick enough, smiles per mile are far too high to count, and, let's face it, a set of bodies on a pre-cat car..... Who doesn't love the sound of that???!!!! :D

^^ this. The noise is addictive and makes the car feel so much quicker and have a really good throttle response :D

• Like 1

kyepan

I agree, normally aspirated cars on bodies are just simply the best sound ever, turbo cars and supercharged cars are faster, and produce more linear torque curves, but the sound of brappage is best.

harryskid

Are you saying a noisey car is a fast one then? :lol:

kyepan

Noise and sound are two completely different things, a well tuned car sings a song of many shapes, the harmonics chiming in and out are more like a musical instrument, and less like a glorified reciprocal heat exchanging air pump.

harryskid

Noise and sound are two completely different things, a well tuned car sings a song of many shapes, the harmonics chiming in and out are more like a musical instrument, and less like a glorified reciprocal heat exchanging air pump.

When are you preforming at the Royal ALbert next then? :lol:

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Ooohhhh.....!!

The imagination is running wild with me now!!!

An orchestra of bodied, carb'd, big hefty v8's high pitched and high revving v12's and a few turbo's with their waste gate butterfly noises and dump valves for symbol noise....

Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Edit:

Apologies for flying off on a tangent there lol

The noise of a car and the speed at which it travels, as said already, are two infinitely different things!! But the noise of a fast N/A car as it comes hurtling past you on full chat is quite something in comparison to the whistle of a turbo or whine of a charger!!

As I've said before, my car isn't the quickest on the road/track... But it's the bazillion (ok so I made that up) smiles per mile and the cars that it takes by surprise (like the Toyota Carrolla VVTLI tonight) that offer out the smiles!!

Edited by BlueBolt

harryskid

Ooohhhh.....!!

The imagination is running wild with me now!!!

An orchestra of bodied, carb'd, big hefty v8's high pitched and high revving v12's and a few turbo's with their waste gate butterfly noises and dump valves for symbol noise....

Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Edit:

Apologies for flying off on a tangent there lol

The noise of a car and the speed at which it travels, as said already, are two infinitely different things!! But the noise of a fast N/A car as it comes hurtling past you on full chat is quite something in comparison to the whistle of a turbo or whine of a charger!!

As I've said before, my car isn't the quickest on the road/track... But it's the bazillion (ok so I made that up) smiles per mile and the cars that it takes by surprise (like the Toyota Carrolla VVTLI tonight) that offer out the smiles!!

Make the most ot it, they don't sound soo good in the rain when yer tbs are full of water, splutter splutter! :lol:

• Like 1

Karl

lmao nothing like putting a dampner on things :ph34r::P

Sign in to follow this