• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Extracting More Power From My Gti6 (220+ Bhp)

Karl

hello,

had a lot of help recently from you guys and am now seeking a little more ;) ...

i am looking to gain some more power hopefully upto the 250 mark but anything over 220 is fine BHP tht is :)

any sugestions on what i could do to get this kind of power from my gti6,prices aswell would be very much appreciated. ^_^

currently the only mods i have is a lightend flywheel and a k and n airfilter with a sports back box fairly standard tbh <_<

all comments and opinions welcome would just like to gain some insight to the approxamite cost of this project and a realistic power gain for my money :)

thanks in advance

Karl,

rallyeash

Engine?

My 2.1 16v gti6 engine could be forsale, 230hp na built by sandy brown

Karl

what condition? how many miles? what mods? will it just drop straight in? how much?

thanks

karl,

rallyeash

Covered about 2k since being built 2 years ago by sandy.

Will drop straight in if you buy my throttle bodies, loom and management too!

Not sure on price, depends how much stuff your after

rallyeash

Mods are

88mm steel crank

87mm forge pistons

Custom steel rods

Cat cam 109's

Jenvey bodies

Dta e48 ecu

chipstick

What is your budget?

Anulfo

im guessing to have an engine professionally built to ash's spec then you probably will be around the 10grand mark??

Karl

my budget is sort of unlimeted im pricing this up to see how much im going to need to get the power i crave.

i dont think your loom will fit as mine is a phase 1 205

do i need your throttle bodies and as i already have a gti6 conversion

rallyeash

Na the loom is just the engine loom to run the Ecu which you'll need if tuning yours.

Well you don't need bodies but wont make the power without them.

Karl

are your throttle bodies a carb conversion then yes?.....

...how much are we talking????

welshpug

no, they are throttle bodies.

chipstick

Can I suggest perhaps having a read up on a few project threads to gain an understanding of the options available.

I think you will quite soon see if this is a realistic acheivement or not.

Forgive me if I come across as negative, but you need to learn the options available, how they will work for you and the realistic pricing involved.

What do you want the car to do? Are you looking to compete at all, 90% road driving, the odd track day? Delivery of the power is something you need to think about.

Also, be realistic with your unlimited budget. For a start, take your car somewhere and get them to sort your loom out, may cost you a couple of hundred, but that's a drop in the ocean to what you are ultimately going to end up spending reaching your goal.

For example, a supercharger kit will get you your goal. You may see a fitting kit for £800 and a supercharger for £1500. This isn't the end of your expenditure.

I am unaware of your car spec, but with the power, are you looking for it to handle? There's a couple of grand extra there if you wish to have a decent diff for example and some choice suspension upgrades.

• Like 1

Miles

Basically allot of money, You'll need to make sure the car's suspension and brakes are up-to the job (Don't want to sound harsh)

3 routes,

1. N/A Tuning which won't be cheap (will sound good thou),

2. Turbo Charging

3. Supercharger, the latter if not the best is the cheapest route to go as they are in kit form ready to bolt on

To give you an idea GTi6 on carb's makes around 170 > 175bhp no matter what anyone say's.

• Like 1

petert

I would do it with a cubic capacity increase and throttle bodies. More cubes means you have to rev it less to make the power desired, which helps keep the cost down. With 87 bore x 88 stroke you'll make 220hp easily.

• Like 1

kyepan

Having a car with a higher peak power won't necessary make it any quicker overall....

You could slap in a wild cam, solid lifters, very thin head gasket and enlarge the valve cut outs, then rev it to the moon, and you'd make 230 bhp, but you would have sod all torque everywhere else.

For example if you made it make 142ft lbs of torque ar 8500 revs. That would be 230hp.

But it might then only have 100-120 ftlbs until you get to 5k rpm before the harmonics of the cam kick in. So I'm agreeing with peter

(dons flame suit)

Edited by kyepan

brumster

If you want 250 horses from 2 litres then, as said above, it's going to be expensive. Fancy internals, head work, lairy cams and inlet/exhaust work to match, and you'll end up with a screamer that will go well when it's on the boil - maybe some people who had a razz around in my car at Curborough can testify. BUT, for a road or track car not trying to keep to class regulations ;) then Peter's suggestion of a capacity increase, or even turbo charging, would be a cheaper way to power AND torque and a lot more accessible for a road car.

• Like 2

rallyeash

capacity increase for a good all rounder deffinatley :)

BlueBolt

Turbo!!

Forge the internals, custom manifold and big turbo, into ITB's!!!

Awesome!!!

My dream!!

But I need to win the lottery or sell my house for a profit, neither of which are going to happen as I don't play lottery and I bought when everything was peak prices!! Lol

harryskid

Get a Honda! :)

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Get a Honda! :)

Put a honda engine in the 205...

Miles

It's not a 205 then

GLPoomobile

It's not a 205 then

Yes it is. It's just a better 205 :ph34r::lol:

• Like 1

kyepan

Yes it is. It's just a better 205 :ph34r::lol:

my my, we are feeling brave today steve!

Baz

Why are we all ignoring the original question?

GLPoomobile

How's it been ignored? There's been plenty of input. Replies have been possibly a bit vague, but then so was the question.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this