• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

How To Fit The Inlet Manifold Gasket Correctly?

omri617

Tried to search for info and couldn't find what I need to know : got me a new inlet manifold gasket from Peugeot , what is the proper way to fit it? Cleaned the remains of the old one , but I see there is RTV remains inside some holes where coolant sometimes come out from . Is it normal? Thanks .

omri617

should i be using RTV or silicone with it or just to plug it the way it is? also is there a torque tightening measure?

thanks

dcc

no need for RTV.

a bit of grease smeared into it and jobs a good'un.

• Like 1

omri617

the gasket is the same both sides ? no difference which side headed where?

thanks!

Miles

If a Pug one it should have the sealant on the gasket already, If not that some RTV around the water holes and that's it

No grease here

DamirGTI

Myself , i always rub some sealant on a gasket prior to fitting (but just a little bit) , as the inlet manifold gaskets tend to leak sometimes (around the injectors) when assembled with dry gasket .

20Nm of torque for the manifold nuts , start tightening from the middle and work your way out diagonally .

Damir B)

Edited by DamirGTI

Carbs4me

I alway get a stanley blade and remove all the old gasket from both the inlet and cyclinder head face, once its smooth. i just fit the gasket without any silcone or grease alway works for me.

omri617

thanks guys... the injectors are better fitted on the manifold before installing everything?

pug_ham
thanks guys... the injectors are better fitted on the manifold before installing everything?

Doesn't really matter imo, makes no difference because they shouldn't be touching the inlet gasket.

g

omri617

if i don't have a torque wrench / Tool - is it possible to tighten with a normal wrench?

GLPoomobile

Personally, after a bad experience with an injector cap disappearing in to a (luckily closed) inlet valve, I'd prefer to fit the injectors to the inlet before I mount the inlet back on. I'd also recommend checking the injector caps are not loose either. What happened to me was that I had a loose cap, and becuase I'd fitted new O rings it was quite tight getting the injectors back in, so I was tapping away at the injector rail and it caused the cap to drop in to the inlet. And the only reason I knew this was becuase I pulled the rail and injectors back off to smear a bit more grease around the O rings to try again.

omri617

if the manifold gasket was already fitted , and such thing happens , what is the solution?

what about the torque question i posted before?

thanks

pug_ham
if i don't have a torque wrench / Tool - is it possible to tighten with a normal wrench?

Yes, the torque setting for them is low @ just 15lbft so just don't gorrilla tighten them up.

g

omri617

thanks mate

omri617

Brining that up to ask , before i fit the gasket , should i do any pressure test for the coolant?

For now , the holes in the block are sealed with RTV and there is no water draining from there. no coolant loss under the car - But

I'm afraid maybe when it's hot and running can leak?!

Thanks

Sign in to follow this