• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

What Backbox?

madspikes

I changed the back box on my GTi a little while ago for a used standard item that came from the forum, and by rough testing its about 6dB louder at fast idle, than rusty (with patches on patches) bit of poo I took off... The back box I fitted doesnt look too old, but my have been stored for a while and still has a makers sticker on it or it did. .. I have decided it is nacked, so have decided to replace it with a new item and I found these new items on ebay, and cant decide which I need and what the difference is between them. My car is a 1992, 2 part exhuast system, non cat 1.9 GTi.

The seller has:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PG210M-PEUGEOT-205-1-6i-1-9i-Gti-Exhaust-Rear-Tail-Pipe-Back-Box-/120797773870?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c201bc02e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PG210M-PEUGEOT-205-1-6i-1-9i-Gti-Exhaust-Rear-Tail-Pipe-/120739735448?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1ca62798

Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Mad.

S@m

Hmmm, i can see why its confusing, the part number is the same for both yet the price and application list varies. I would be tempted to contact the seller and see if one is an error.

Sam

Baz

They're both the same bar the diagram. PG210M is the correct PN and is a round box, not oval.

madspikes

Which box do I need round or oval?

I have contacted the seller...

Thanks.

rikky

just found this thread. have got a dodgy stainless peashooter thing on my 205, and found the same links you found above. i think the round box is the one you need. all the 205's i've seen, including my old K plate, had round ones. so i'll be going for the same. as for the quality of the ones in the auction, i've no idea.. hoping they're ok - anyone got any experience with them / him?

Sign in to follow this