• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pazzapug

Bearings For Gearbox

Pazzapug

Hi,

I'm going to change the input bearing on gearbox so I'm thinking I should do them all?? Am I right in thinking there are 4 bearings? And would bearings from a motor factor be sufficient ie cheap or go for better quality??

Muchas gracias

Peeps

welshpug

There's 6 bearings, and I doubt any motorfactor will do them.

was chatting briefly a few days ago to Nick Charles and he has been using bearings from fasttrackbearings who sell on ebay, I think his race car has their bearings and they seem to be good.

£98 will get you the 6 main bearings used, Peugeot want £160 odd for them.

Miles

4 in the box and 2 for the Diff, The input shaft and Diff bearings are easy, One of the Pinion shaft is Pug only so this is the only one you pay for on the BE box, MA's are easy as you can get those anywhere.

Watch the bearings for BE box's as some although appear right they don;t work, I won't say why on here thou as it's my knowledge base

Pazzapug

Thanks guys, I may look towards buying a fully recon box for £350?? Does that sound overpriced or a decent price?

vern

Have a look at Miles' signature, he posted the reply above.

I have had a gearbox from Miles, and would recommend him to you,he can also make the gear ratios up to your requirements. Also I believe if you mention the forum you get a discount.

Pazzapug

Thanks vern will do

Sign in to follow this