• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

My New Daily Driver (Bmw Content)

allanallen

Morning all, I know there's a few Beemer fans on here so I thought I'd post up some pics of my new daily steed :) this has now replaced my trusty Inca d (the 'wanka'). 

Its a Grandad spec 1988 318i on 80k, it was advertised on gumtree at a localish scrap yard for £375 with T+T. Some numpty had apparently tried to weigh it in but the woman at the yard offered to advertise it for him.

Me and Cal couldn't believe it when we got there it's absolutely solid, a few dents and small scratches etc but overall it's fantastic! Well chuffed. 

If you don't know already E30s are absolute rot boxes so I bought this without even test driving it, it's that good!

photo-70.jpg

More pics here

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/allanallen/Bmw/

Plans are initially to re-bush it,fit sport dampers,alloys and lower it slightly. Over the winter I will be doing an engine conversion if all goes to plan......a dirty 525tds lump.

Cheers, Al

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Bmw's are ok.....

Didn't fancy the 335 (318is) that's on the zone for £1300..??

allanallen

Bmw's are ok.....

Didn't fancy the 335 (318is) that's on the zone for £1300..??

Hmm. 3.5 petrol, welded diff, cage, slammed...... Not really what I was after to be honest. I've got Peugeots for going fast in :P

MiniGibbo

Peugeots dont go sideways :lol:

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Peugeots dont go sideways :lol:

They do if you know how to drive them.

• Like 4

jonXS

looks quite nice, always had a soft spot for these beemers.

at least its not as rusty as a ford :P

welshpug

they also do if you don't :lol:

kyepan

a friend is currently shoehorning a v8 into one of these to go drifting.

MiniGibbo

Its wrong how easy it is to v8 an e30 lol...

Sandy

Nice find! My 330 is one of the best cars I've owned.

Alan_M

Morning all, I know there's a few Beemer fans on here so I thought I'd post up some pics of my new daily steed :) this has now replaced my trusty Inca d (the 'wanka').

Its a Grandad spec 1988 318i on 80k, it was advertised on gumtree at a localish scrap yard for £375 with T+T. Some numpty had apparently tried to weigh it in but the woman at the yard offered to advertise it for him.

Me and Cal couldn't believe it when we got there it's absolutely solid, a few dents and small scratches etc but overall it's fantastic! Well chuffed.

If you don't know already E30s are absolute rot boxes so I bought this without even test driving it, it's that good!

photo-70.jpg

More pics here

http://s67.photobuck...allanallen/Bmw/

Plans are initially to re-bush it,fit sport dampers,alloys and lower it slightly. Over the winter I will be doing an engine conversion if all goes to plan......a dirty 525tds lump.

Cheers, Al

A DERV? Shove an E36 2.8 in there. Lighter, quick and pretty economical. The M30B35 conversion is old hat.

Nice find! My 330 is one of the best cars I've owned.

The E46? Out of interest what MPG do you get?

welshpug

563450_3509774310269_758727660_n.jpg

he's had 40 :o

kyepan

he's had 40 :o

on a long run though i thought! although i can't remember he did eulogise about it to me also.

allanallen

A DERV? Shove an E36 2.8 in there. Lighter, quick and pretty economical. The M30B35 conversion is old hat.

Yes a derv, M51 I think??

My criteria for a new car was- it must be a BMW e30 coupe with 170 bhp/200lb+tourque and do around 35mpg on diesel so that is what I'm building ;)

NeilGTi85

My E36 328is is appalling on mpg, driving as carefully as possible its around 30 according to the OBC. Its not like its a high milage car either, 70k, fsh & bog standard.

Although that said, its an amazing engine and sounds awsome!

MrG

I drive a late spec e46 330i touring and am getting around 30mpg on a run (average). We're in France in a few months time so I'll be able to see what the mpg is on a long haul. My last one did a good 36+ on the way home last year.

Alastairh

Looks good. My brother is smoking around in a similar gem 318i E30 in White. Genuine garaged car that he bought blind locally off ebay for a steal :D.

One day i will pull my finger out and buy one...

Henry Yorke

I used to get 35 MPG on a run in my E39 535 V8. How come E46s seem so crap?!

Nice find Al, especially a non rotten one

Sandy

The E46? Out of interest what MPG do you get?

Most of my driving is a 4-5 mile school run first thing, followed by about 50-80 miles through the day, squeezing it from time to time and my average for that, from brim to brim is 31-33mpg (the dash over-reads about 1-2mpg). But with a bit of effort and attention to driving style, I can eek that up to around 37mpg and as said my best was bona fide 40mpg on a steady run up to Castle Combe and back. Slightly better than my 2.2 Prelude was and almost identical to my Civic Type R was over the same use. I bought it because I'd wanted one for years and assumed I'd only be able to run it for a while, because of the running costs, but it's turned out to be very reasonable to run so far and set against the depth of enjoyment the car gives me, well worth it!

Best thing I did though was take the 18" MV1s off and fit Michelins on 8x17s, transformed the ride and handling.

Edited by Sandy

Jer309GTi

This is mine:

23102010381.jpg

It has the m30b35 conversion (3.5 6 pot), 3.73 LSD, roll cage, harnesses, bucket seats, 4 pot front brakes and a few other bits, having it's first trackday on the 28th since the engine conversion and brake upgrade.

E30's are great cars, so easy to fix and fun to drive

MiniGibbo

Well if we're whoring....

SAM_0134.jpg

It's taken the majority of my money for the previous five years.

Edited by MiniGibbo

Jer309GTi

Well if we're whoring....

SAM_0134.jpg

It's taken the majority of my money for the previous five years.

Very nice, whats the spec? :)

rikky

in true bmw photo whoring fashion..

m3%20blurred.jpg

had it 4 years , sold it, got a gti6, then bought:

e46.jpg

best car ever! then bought a house way too big for my own good so sold everything i owned including the m3..

then bought a CL55 AMG. and sold it. and then another GTi6, a 205, and a 406 V6 coupe. stupid boy

:D

:( miss them

love the E30 shape, was looking for one around £800 but found nothing, so got a 205 in the end!

Edited by rikky

MiniGibbo

Very nice, whats the spec? :)

How long do you have lol..