• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
layton1985

Omex 500 No Spark Or Injection?

layton1985

Hi I have got an Omex 500 ecu and loom that was once on a 205 gti 180, I have put it onto my 205 gti 180 also, but for some reason I am not getting injection or spark?

I am using a 2.0 8v turbo 4 pin coilpack it has 3 wires and one of those black radio interference things ( I think? )

I have a constant 12v on one side of the injector plug and when I ground the other pin through a lamp all injectors pulse constantly untill I take off ground obviously.

I removed a spark plug plugged it into the HT lead cranked the car and no spark,

there is 12v on the red wire coming from the ecu, and a 12v on one of the 2 inectors which needs grounding out to inject.

I have the wiring diagram and information manual from the omex site and pin data just abit confused.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Anthony

Have you plugged the laptop in to see whether the ECU is powered up and what the sensors are reading, in particular, whether it is seeing a signal from the crank sensor when the engine is turning over?

layton1985

I don't have the cable yet I am gonna order it tonight and the adapter for the laptop,

Miles

Get a couple of adaptors, some do not work.

I use a PCIMA card slot one as I gave up on USB ones

Terry1600

i have this ecu now, im having same problems but not quite as severe, im getting spark and injection but only breifly when the engine is turned over, sometimes nothing at all, connected upto the pc i am getting cranking rpm of around 250 constantly and when its trying to start it spikes upto around 450. i did have this running the other day but it sounded like it was running on only 2 cyl and was pouring out black smoke. any ideas?