• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aarontrophy

Rallye 1.4 Using A Vtr Bottom End?

aarontrophy

Hi guys my rallye is a uk model and standard can I bolt a vtr bottom end on?

If so is there other bits I will need etc

MiniGibbo

Yes itll fit, youll need a new headgasket at least.. id personally replace all the seals.

loads of weight for that little extra cc though dont you think......

custard-rallye

Don't waste your time they run way to much compression are a nightmare to start when cold and when they are hot ie 40 mile run they keep running after ignition is turned off unless you run a decomp plate or 2 MLS head gaskets but they are very Torquay.

I had one on twin 40's only made 90 hp but 120 lbft of torque I think can't remember better off with Xs engine or ax gt

N3VRAM

Don't waste your time they run way to much compression are a nightmare to start when cold and when they are hot ie 40 mile run they keep running after ignition is turned off unless you run a decomp plate or 2 MLS head gaskets but they are very Torquay.

I had one on twin 40's only made 90 hp but 120 lbft of torque I think can't remember better off with Xs engine or ax gt

What he said

MiniGibbo

It's only late vtr's that had the dommed pistons iirc so an early flat piston'd engine shouldn't change your ratio in theory..?

custard-rallye

It's not as I had a domed piston engine

custard-rallye

It's the cylinder head volume being far smaller and the valves half the size of vtr iirc

MiniGibbo

What year was your vtr engine..?

custard-rallye

98 blacktop

calvinhorse

I've done a few xs head and carb on vtr bottom ends.

The first was a 117,000 mile head and standard vtr head gasket standard size jet.

It ran a 14.9 quarter mile at Santa pod in a fairly well stripped out 205 xs. It eventually died after running it on 95 octane fuel it detonated itself to death still did 10,000 miles

The second was using a plus 20 thou vts 3 layer gasket, jet drilled to 1.2mm and ALWAYS running 98+ fuel.

Started spot on every time went like stink but overfuelled a little which may have helped with the detonation issue I sold the engine still going strong after 26,000 miles of thrash.

It would detonate under heavy load when hot so obviously not the best set up.

It's a very oldschool way of tuning

I'm not recommending you do this just saying it can be done, the engine weight is noticeable but I'd personally say it's alot quicker than an xs and easier conversion than a vtr.

I'd never recommend doing this engine conversion to anyone as it's got alot of cons and doesn't really work without mapped feuling and ignition and if I was going that far I wouldn't start with this combo as a base 1.6 xsi or 1.6 16v FTW

allanallen

FTW

f*** that winston??

calvinhorse

French turd wagon

custard-rallye

Ha ha that's pretty impressive Calvin I never tried v-power ect wish I did now.

When I first built mine the pinking when under load was mental but a little play with dizzy helped

custard-rallye

The guy that set up my 40's did a compression test and it went off the scale ha ha he said it was a dog to set up

MiniGibbo

When i was looking for a bottom end i was advised to go for dommed pistons..? then again it may be where mines a 1300 rallye engine not a 1400 xs engine..