• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

What Rod Bearings For Xu9J4?

unariciflocos

I'm trying to find rod bearings for my Mi16 but they are not available anywhere.

Does anyone know which other engines have compatible bearings, maybe XUD9, XU10, maybe even DW and which cars they may have been fitted to?

Servicebox does not give the dimensions of the crank for most engines and I have a race on Saturday and am getting... desperate :D.

Thanks,

Andrei

Edited by unariciflocos

welshpug

I would imagine someone is telling you porkies, all XU9 bearings are the same and are not marked NFP or NLA, 0606 H1 afaik is std (£43), 0606 F9 is +0.3. (£75)

unariciflocos

Are these from Peugeot? Maybe they're just not available in Romania, maybe?

S@m

Yep, they are still available from peugeot/citroen in the UK, i always thought anywhere in europe would be the same since all parts come from Vesoul in France anyway, but thats just what you'd think!

Sam

unariciflocos

Ok, unfortunately I still need to source bearings today, so, does anyone know if XU10 or DW8 or DW10 rod bearings will work?

wicked

Not all XU9 bearings are the same! The XUD9TE (306 1.9TD) has different bearings (different material). Std size: 0606.J7

Don't know the oversize number, but you could ask the pug dealer.

(They fit in the Mi16)

welshpug

I said XU, not XUD.

unariciflocos

At the mo I can't say that I care much if they're XU or XUD as I already had to buy a diesel crank from the scrappers today as my spun one had a 0.8mm bend. Machinist said that when no 2 and no 3 journals spin the shells, the crank almost certainly bends.

luggy

I'm trying to find rod bearings for my Mi16 but they are not available anywhere.

Does anyone know which other engines have compatible bearings, maybe XUD9, XU10, maybe even DW and which cars they may have been fitted to?

Servicebox does not give the dimensions of the crank for most engines and I have a race on Saturday and am getting... desperate :D.

Thanks,

Andrei

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=136780&hl=&fromsearch=1

Saw this thread by PeterT, hope its of some help :)

unariciflocos

Good read, thanks.

Phoned Pug yesterday, got a quote of 200 quid for the rod bearings :).

Will have to use the crap King bearings if I want to make the race on Saturday.

unariciflocos

Just for future reference, the XUD9 bearings I bought needed new locking notches made on the other side from the original ones in order to fit. After almost 1 and a half hours with a file it was done, perfect fit. My oil pressure is better now than ever before.

kyepan

try glyco website, they should / do have mi-16 bearings

wicked

Strange that you had to modify them...

These were the XUD9TE bearings I used and did fit without mods. Are the notches of your bearings on the other side, compared with this pic?

Foto-YQREQZZY.jpg

unariciflocos

Sorry, forgot to specify that it was the main bearings that had the notch on the other side. Rod bearings are identical. It was the block and caps that i filed down to make new notches, not the rods.

All is fine and well, finished the car in time for the race, but it got canceled just as I was loading the car on the trailer. I have another race this weekend, will see how the XUD9 bearings and crank hold.

unariciflocos

Thanks, hopefully I won't need to open up the engine for some time.

Sign in to follow this