• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mang

Efi

mang

Anyone know a good place to get my 205 tutbo mapped its running efi euro 1 theres only one place near me that do it but the guy is a complete tool I would rather take it some were els.

Miles

I state the obvious but give EFI a call and see who they say, I don;t know anyone around here that touch's them, Joy's of a little used system

mang

Didnt think of that good idea no one has it because its crap to set up .

brumster

I'd offer, but I've no experience with turbo mapping (and little N/A anyway!) but I'm a bit far for you :D

EFI is a bit of a ballache. The software is clunky and the CAN interface unit is criminally expensive. But the ECU is well featured and reliable, I'll give it that. I'm invested in it now, but if I was starting afresh I'm not sure I'd bother.

Does Brett Sims have EFI experience, seeing as he used to work for Longman? Or does he steer clear of mapping and just build the things :D?

mang

Ive got the unit for the mapping yeah if I was to start again I would not have brought it .

Sandy

I've done several EFIs, but all atmo. OBR are all geared towards closed loop mapping with their Lambda and "manual" mapping, if I can call it that, is extremely laborious with EFI. The chances of engine damage with a turbo and slow mapping are quite high so I'm afraid I wouldn't do it. It might be worth considering changing systems.

mang

Anyone got any cheep management systems they want rid of this efi has been nothing more than a chore for the last 3 years.

Tom Fenton

I've an Emerald M3D, slightly older one, not a K3, it will still do everything needed for a turbo, has boost control map etc in it, the only thing it hasn't got that the K3 has is closed loop target lambda, but once you've had the car mapped you don't really need this anyway. I would sell for £400.

mang

Found some on happy days let you all know how it goes