• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lowercase

1.4 Rallye Overheating

Lowercase

cheers trog :)

and hell yea matt, new forest trip or something.

im undecided on whether to keep the half cage. its' a bit 'show cage' but the chap i got it off is a mate at work and is a real master craftsman with metal working, so i trust its safety aspects. and its certainly no bolt on chrome crap stuffed into a saxo. i think it suits the car though, and i like that i can still use a rear seat.

i think im going to change to the 'works' decals though. help break up the white a bit. and i think it will wear them well with white pepperpots, cage and the mudflaps etc.

im going to start making some smarter door cards soon using aluminium composite ( 0.5mm ali with 2mm acrylic and 0.5mm ali layers) really light and mega strong, and very cheap for a big sheet through work. so ill use the nackered original cards to get the size and go from there, a bit of decent quality black vinyl leather over them with a bit of simple stitch work should look the part and be very wallet friendly.

on topic though..

ordered a new stat and heater matrix and got some decent anti freeze today, so i can clean the rad out and get some fresh fluids in there and hopefully the new stat will cure the rad-fan not kicking in.

temp guage up next, do you think this will be reliable enough?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300723029759?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_1250wt_1142

N3VRAM

Looks good to me mate - the simple stuff works better IMO

trogboy

Does the top hose/radiator get hot when the engine gets up to temperature? That'll tell you if the thermostat is opening or not.

N3VRAM

to be honest this time of the year you could just take the thermostat out and you probably wouldn't notice the difference, not that a new one is expensive

Lowercase

ill check the pipe today, i spent my evening curing the crappy seats. ill have to start a project thread tonight and transfer some of this stuff over i think..

the seat covers in the above pictures stayed on for all of 12 hours before i took them back and changed them because they were rubbish and didnt fit.

so, after a day at work getting grubby, i thought id take a break from my own engine issues and do something indoors..

cue tired ripped rear bench!

the bottom half wasnt much better...

DSCF2424.jpg

for all who say halfords seat covers are s*it, your doing it wrong! what can be acheived with a hogring tool and some spray adhesive

DSCF2423.jpg

halfway through..

DSCF2422.jpg

the top half needs just a few more corners pulling round but its already like a new interior! will do the nackered front seats after work tomorow.

DSCF2426.jpg

Lowercase

new stat in and drained the coolant and flushed the rad out, and after removing the best part of the dash i pulled the leaky old heater matrix out and eepp, the new one wont fit in!

it isnt a genuine pug item but it should still fit? its litteraly 2mm tall.

how much are they from peugeot?

MiniGibbo

Your seats looked jsut like mine did... dont think ive ever seen a set that wasnt buggered.

Lowercase

sorted the cooling, minus the s*ite heater matrix, but now the indicators dont work lol, anyone got a diagram of the fuse box?

typical of peugeots, try and fix something and something else breaks