• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

welshpug

Be Box Rebuild/refresh/refurb Part Sourcing, And Be1-3 Part Crossover

Slo

Ok got that out now the bloody arm has dropped further down the shaft trying to hammer it out, this thing seems to want to stay together.

Slo

Bit further along now. All the ally bits are stripped and acid soaked and cleaned, everythings gone a primer grey/blue colour, not sure what to do about that might try cleaning it in a gallon of petrol or failing that just paint it.

Moving on ive got myself a rebuild kit and a puller set and rebuilding the output shaft, the manual says make alignment marks and remove the synchro hub and sleeve! Whoops guess what? Does that really matter that much? Or will it make a fart of any difference to build it at random like that?

Frenchenstein

Thanks chaps for this very useful thread. I have just rebuilt a BE4 transmission from a 2003 Citroen Berlingo and just about every point made here is salient.

Callum
On 6/8/2013 at 8:21 PM, welshpug said:

gave the end cover a go with some Bilt Hamber Deox Gel, which seemed to do a reasonable job, then a quick wire brush and sand down, rinse the dust off and leave it in the sun to dry, couple of coats of primer then satin black I had lying about spare, doesnt look too bad.

8988479405_4384d27e89_z.jpg

a nice thin bead of sealant (you may notice I'm using Wurth RTV, I can't find my tube of Stag Wellseal, but this will do the job just as well I believe)

8988485117_27132ce2ca_z.jpg

Then pop the cover on and nip the bolts up and there you go, one BE1 1.9 gearbox in one piece again.

8988491043_19a4dfa69d_c.jpg

Is there meant to be a gasket/sealant on the end cover just removed mine and there wasn't also what sort of torqued should the bolts be so I don't get any leaks