• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Samson1886

Zx16V Xu10J4 Engine

Samson1886

Dear All Forumer Members,

I own ZX16V (XU10J4), recently i had my diagnose with Lexia3 due to check light (MIL) lit up intermittently.

It came Air Temperature Sensor Permanent Fault, Cylinder Reference Sensor Permanent Fault, Mixture Adjustment Intermittent Fault.

Thereafter i've replaced the Air Temperature Sensor (1920.T0), and changed the used Cylinder Reference Sensor (1920.L1), and it seems the check light engine issue solved!

My question:

1) What is actually the functions of Cylinder Reference Sensor? What can the symptom or failure it can affect the engine performance (even i changed it, but doesn't seems any differences)

2) I notice there is another yellow connector at the throttle body. Do some homework and found to be Reheating Unit, 1920.X6. What is this function and what if it fails? Will it impact anything?

I try to google on both items and seems there are pretty limited information available. Thus, i would appreciate if any of the fellow members here could enlighten me on this, as i would like to have more understanding of the my car engine performance.

Thank you.

sam....

welshpug

1, tells the ecu which cylinder is firing, it runs sequential injection and spark.

2, its a small heater, wont affect much in your part of the world I think!

mixture adjustment intermittent fault may have arisen due to the IAT fault, though could also be lambda related, or wiring breaking down somewhere.

is yours an RFY or RFS engine?

Edited by welshpug

Samson1886

Thanks welshpug.

For the reheating unit, my only interpretation is it's warm up the 'cold' air from throttle body?

So, my country is on tropical weather, which means, sunny, hot & humid all years, though there are time it is rainy season.

I believe mine is RFY.

But may i ask, what's that means for? Our country Citroen & Peugeot here were doesn't emphasize on RFS / RFT / RFY. Perhaps we were not been educated on this area.

welshpug

I only mention it as much of mainland Europe and south America used both the RFY and RFS engines in the 16v ZX.

Samson1886

A friend of mine who own ZX16V too. Has the same engine as mine @ XU10J4.

However, he has problem on his car.

During acceleration, below RPM 4.5K, his car seems to have no power and took longer time to accelerate appropriate if compare to others 16V.

However, once the RPM reach 4.5K and above, the car runs very well....

So, there are lot of stuffs he has been doing and checking. This includes,

1) Change new set of ACAV,

2) Top Head Overhaul

3) New Set of Ignition Coil'

4) Rectify Fuel Pump is having fuel pressure

5) Check all Vacuum Hose is no leaking.

6) Electrovalve broken, replace with a so-called "Japanese" brand that is meant for Japanese car. (Could this be a culprit?)

7) Inlet Manifold is not leaking nor breaking

8) Throttle body is in good condition,

9) TPS is still functioning

Have any of you guys encounter this kind of experience before?

Razkin

That is the typical performance complaint when the ACAV system isn't working. Since the solenoid valve is switched with a "Japanese" one, it will probably be the culprit.

Sign in to follow this