• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dicky20014

Engine Swap, Starter Motor On 2Nd Click Not 3Rd

dicky20014

Just finishing off my project swap (mi16 on throttle bodies, emerald ecu) and Im ready to start it now, after a few other issues i've solved, struggling with this one though, it now turns over on the second click instead of the 3rd releasable click of the ignition. I think ive figured out that the remote starter is wire 46? and this runs down into the one on the 2 multiplugs under the dashboard. My eletrical knowledge isnt brilliant so bear with me, but I was reading a few older threads and they were suggesting mix up of the loom start and the starter motor start? Could there be a difference between the 2 cars so that when I plug the multiplugs in they are wrong if you get me? Any help / a picture of which wires to swap or if im going down the wrong route would be appreciated!

thanks

Rich

Anthony

Look in the drivers footwell and you'll find two brown multiplugs like this:

IMG_5373.sized.jpg

Peugeot changed the order of the ignition and starter wires when they swapped from Phase 1.5 to Phase 2, and hence if you're swapping parts between the two ages of car you need to change the two wires around - if you don't, you get the symptom that you're seeing.

The two wires in question are the thick blue #46 and the thick red #2, one on each of the multiplugs - undo the locking tab on the side of the plastic housing, and swap these two wires around. All will be good then.

• Like 1

dicky20014

Excellent advice anthony, worked a treat, she now runs!

Sign in to follow this