• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Any Info On The S.a.d. On A Tt ?

JR20516V

I was looking at mine the other day and noticed it was completely different on my TT to my standard 205. Does anyone have info about the TT item....manufacturer, part number etc etc....the usual stuff. All info gladly appreciated . :}

pug_ham

It should be the same part as any other 205 GTI afaik.

What's different about it?

g

Henry Yorke

I don't think this was changed on the TT conversion so one of the cars has a non standard one on it. Perhaps your Oz spec GTI has a different one on it to cater for your weather not being as crap as ours in the UK!!

JR20516V

It should be the same part as any other 205 GTI afaik.

What's different about it?

g

The TT has one shaped like a flying saucer under the dizzy and all of my other 3 205's have the same one...hard to describe but it is exactly the same as shown in the thread on this site relating to "how to check your SAD" [Cylinder shaped thingie with metal pipes off it for the 2 pipes...my TT has only one plastic pipe running off it [to the inlet ]

welshpug

thats the vacuum advance capsule.

Tom Fenton

As said that is not the SAD. It is what would be the vacuum advance on a normal GTI but instead your one also does boost retard to cater for ignition timing correction on boost. A little bit crude by modern methods but it certainly works well enough.

JR20516V

Mmmmm. i see !! I am looking for my" no idle when cold and revving at 1500 when hot" which i suspected to be the SAD. Checked for leaks, cleaned AFM....problem still there.

Being my first TT i guessed that it was the SAD under the dizzy only a different shape all together.

JR20516V

The 2 wires on the SAD.....where do they go to ? So i can confirm that what ever operates the SAD electrically is doing it correctly.

Any tips appreciated Guys

welshpug

12v+ ignition switched live and an earth.

205sad1299749498.JPG

Edited by welshpug

JR20516V

Thanx Welshplug for confirming the above...............yep, my SAD was completely stuffed. I pilfered through my used parts bin....found 3 SAD'S would you believe....all with different part numbers. Soooo can one still buy these things new ? If so...where from.?

welshpug

what makes you say it was stuffed? very rarely they actually are tbh, they are such simple mechanisms.

JR20516V

Funny thing... it was completely disconnected by previous mechanic/owner. Put it through the temp tests and she wouldnt co-operate...it was fubared [thus why previous people had disconnected it i would say.]

So i put on my spare used one....problem solved...as happy as a dog with 6 tails !!!

Now i just need to get a new one from somewhere to keep as a spare....running three 205's the time will come again to replace one sooner or later.

welshpug

I really doubt it tbh! you wont want to buy a "new" one...

JR20516V

I really doubt it tbh! you wont want to buy a "new" one...

errr...why is that Welshpug...do tell :}

Sign in to follow this