• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bob

S16 Not Starting

Mr Bob

Hey guys!

Over the last year I have been trying to get my 306 cabriolet back on the road after crashing it, in the crash the timing belt slipped and bent some valves

Head and belts all been repaird/replaced

(some topics I've asked about before : )

http://forum.205gtid...3

http://forum.205gtid...2

Anyway now everything is back together again, I whent for a first start up last night and it turns over on the key but wont start

So far I know the fuel pump is pumping fuel up to the fuel rail but the injectors are not opening,I havnt checked spark yet

So I'm guessing its an ecu problem? or would something else stop the injectors opening at turn over?, its got a peterT stage 1 inlet cam which he told me to change the injectors to 1.9 205 gti injectors which i have done, would that cause any issues?

All I know about the ecu is it was unlocked few years ago by ade4wd and worked perfectly before the crash

Its been sat in its ecu box on the floor in my garage for the last year and a bit and when the ignition is on the ecu light on the dash is on solid (but it did that before the crash the ecu light would go out once the engine was started)

The only thing that isnt connected is the lambda sensor

I have 2 spare ecus but both are locked as the ecu light flashes when I tried them

I will also confess I havent tried changing the crank position sensor yet or checked the live/earths on the ecu/brown relay as these all worked before the crash and I havent changed anything there since but basicly I am looking to see if anyone can help me find out if the ecu I am trying is dead or not?

Thanks for any advice

Bob

EDIT: more info

Edited by Mr Bob

welshpug

I would try another crank sensor, and check the inertia switch.

DrSarty

The inertia switch (just in case) is a small, cigarette-lighter-sized thing typically mounted vertically on the inner wing/suspension turret with 2 wires out the bottom and a rubber button on the top; push that in. However it typically trips the fuel pump circuit not the injectors.

Do you have 12v at the injectors with the ignition turned on? If so, it's probable the ECU is not triggering the injectors which means either an ECU issue (which I think is unlikely) or a CAS issue as Welshpug mentioned.

Approach it 1 thing at a time, i.e. pull the fuel rail off and get it so the the injectors fire when cranking. Go from there.

Mr Bob

Thanks alot guys but i found what was wrong
:blush:

the jump cables i was using were not giving enough power once i used shorter/thicker jump cables it started 1st time
:blush:

again things alot any ways
:)

Sign in to follow this