• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Sad Removal And Fitting....what Has To Come Off ?

bondyshambles

Hi there.... I know that there are lots of links and threads to do with the SAD however, all i hear is that its a pain in the rectum to get to and change. From diagrams etc i sort of know where it is and the hoses that come off it, but what has to be removed to get to it? Can it be done by an amateur with just a set of ramps and a garage front or should i just get a local garage to do it.

I have a 205 1.9 on a H plate Phase 1.5 non cat.

Cheers.

Tom Fenton

It is a little awkward but there is nothing that difficult.

Battery out of the way, air flow meter and bracket to remove, dizzy to remove, then you should be able to get at it, you'll need a selection of spanners and a small 1/4" drive socket set to make things easier.

bondyshambles

What about the hose that goes into the intake manifold area....do i get to it from underneath ?

bondyshambles

What about the hose that goes into the intake manifold area....do i get to it from underneath ?

As i will be replacing the 2 sad hoses too.

pug_ham

I remove the hose from the airbox to afm, afm to TB & the afm & battery tray bracketry, battery is personal choice.

The hose that goes to the bottom of the inlet manifold will be far easier from underneath imo but I don't think you'll need to remove the dizzy, I didn't on the last one I replaced the SAD on.

g

Sign in to follow this