• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
halfcake

Xsara Vts Wiring Loom

halfcake

Just a quicky - I am planning on buying a xsara VTS for the engine then breaking and selling the rest of the car to recoup some of the cost. I am pretty sure I can but will it be much harder than using the GTi 6 loom???

Also are there any other parts that could be used to improve the cars handling or braking capabilities???

Edited by halfcake

chipstick

If it's a ph1 you will be able to retain the loom and modify it/have it modified. If you buy a cheap ph2, it's no big deal, just buy a loom from a GTi6 for around £25 and modify that/have that modified.

306 parts will sell better than xsara ones to get your money back. I'd personally go for what comes up cheapest locally.

halfcake

I'm not to worried about the money back as xsara's sell so cheap it wouldn't take much to recoup! Thanks for help!

Alastairh

Its not just the wiring loom on phase 2 are different. ecu, exhaust manifold, knock sensor, engine mount and fuel pressure regulator to name a few.

Al

Spiky

if the it's a phase 1 loom, the loom is slightly shorter, and you need to make one of the wires a constant live,

other than that, it's all pretty much the same

oh, some vts looms don't have the high water temp warning

i can convert the loom if you dont fancy doing yourself :)

Edited by Spiky

Miles

Normal Citroen thing, the looms are a right mess compared with the Peugeot one's

halfcake

Its not just the wiring loom on phase 2 are different. ecu, exhaust manifold, knock sensor, engine mount and fuel pressure regulator to name a few.

Al

Is this definately right? If so I really really want to avoid buying a phase 2!!!

Edited by halfcake

halfcake

if the it's a phase 1 loom, the loom is slightly shorter, and you need to make one of the wires a constant live,

other than that, it's all pretty much the same

oh, some vts looms don't have the high water temp warning

i can convert the loom if you dont fancy doing yourself :)

Spiky that would be brilliant I am not ready to get it done yet but out of interest how much would you charge? people have mentioned your name to me already with regards to ecu so I'm glad you have saved me looking lol :P

Spiky

ecu? i cant do much with ecu's....

i just do wiring looms

also on VTS (and glad to proved wrong, if i'm not corrrect here) the ecu's with 3 plugs (multiplexed) looms are no good, so easy to spot

you need to find one with 1 single large ecu plug and disconnect with engine running or with ignition on (opt 2)

Anthony

Is this definately right? If so I really really want to avoid buying a phase 2!!!

Ali is correct, but it's six of one and half a dozen of the other - yes it's more of a pain to find the correct parts needed for a 205 install rather than getting everything in a single donor package, but then chances are you're getting a younger, fresher engine.

That's correct btw Spiky - Phase 2 (multiplex) ECU's are 3 smaller plugs, whereas Phase 1 and 306 GTi-6 (non-multiplex, as needed for 205/309 conversions) ECU's are a large single plug.

halfcake

Thanks guys I wasn't being rude by the way ant! Just that was the first I had heard of that - and my knowledge on this subject is vast (NOT!). Spiky that was my mistake I meant looms not ecu's. Another reason I want to buy a car is that the miles can be guaranteed, which is something you dont get when you buy just the engine. I was looking at damo's thread the other day and he got to the end of the project and then found he had been sold a dud engine!!! This is something I really want to avoid! Well a phase one it is, and some more research to go with it! :blink:

Edited by halfcake

Dizzee stuff

If you buy a complete running car you can unlock the ECU yourself.

Sign in to follow this