• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Bike Bodies Itg Filter Options

chipstick

I need to replace the ITG JC40 filter currently on the Colin Satchell GSXR 750 bodies.

The current filter is a flat top 40mm deep one.

I need to purchase a new one as this is torn. While I have the chance, I'm wondering if it's worth buying a deeper one, or if the sausage type ITGs are worth the extra £20 over a flat top.

I really need to stick with ITG due to the back plate design.

welshpug

I would stick with the same type, it would have been chosen by Sandy or Colin as the best item to fit in the hole and give the right spacing from the trumpets :)

kyepan

ITG sausages give you more clearance than the flat top type, i think you could get away with a jc4050 sausage, jc4040 sausages have lots of clearance.

chipstick

Fair comment.

I have found Demon Tweeks eBay store to be the most competive place to purchase one from. £79.20 with delivery.

The RRP appears to be that (£66 +VAT), but all others I have found charge for delivery so I think I will stick with DT. Although usually expensive, their eBay store offers competive prices on a few things I have bought recently.

welshpug

have you asked sandy?

chipstick

ITG sausages give you more clearance than the flat top type, i think you could get away with a jc4050 sausage, jc4040 sausages have lots of clearance.

Slam panel clearance?

Not a huge issue for me as I have aerocatches so if I need to lose more slam panel then so be it. I was reading up on the minimal depth required from the filter to trumpets, and as Mei mentions - Sandy and Colin did a lot of research and development on their kits, so I will play it 'safe' and stick to a tried and tested filter.

kyepan

Minimum clearance is 20mm from the trumpet face, what info do you have from sandy?

you get this much clearance on the JC4040 sausage. ;)

chipstick

have you asked sandy?

Didn't want to pester the bloke. I know he has a lot on.

I need to speak to him regarding a replacement trumpet actually, so if/when I encounter any problems fitting the setup and loom at the weekend I will mention the filter options.

Are they the GSXR ones you have Mei? From a quick look it appears the backplate was secured with cap screws before the bodies were welded in to the manifold. I would ideally like to split it down so I can straighten out a bend in the backplate and remove a trumpet. But my have to straighten it out while still assembled.

GilesW

IIRC ITG also sell direct and can be competative.

welshpug

I dont think the bodies are welded into the manifold, secured by grubscrews IIRC, same as the trumpets into the bodies, with the backplate secured to the rear of the trumpets usually.

Mine are GSXR but not on a Colin Sachell inlet, it'll be similar though, when funds allow I will give colin a call and get some trumpets unless I come across somethng else that'll do the job just as well, doubt it though!

Sandy

Minimum 20mm clearance, really seriously minimum, 30mm better, but usually a well fitted sausage filter will cost no power at all and can mitigate stand off problems nicely to improve the map. Either square shouldered type or sausage is fine, but square is difficult to package in there.

Sign in to follow this