• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Olie_205

Introducing My Pug

Olie_205

Sup everyone,

just like to introduce my little gem to the forum.

I bought the car last april for £725, completely standard & had a genuine 28k miles on the clock, no rust at all and 1 previous old boy owner. I havent looked back and after owning renault 5's/saxo's etc. this is possibly the best car ive ever drove and nothing ive been in beats the handling. The car is only a 1.1 but i have the plans on fitting the direct tu3 xs 1.4 engine and 5 speed gearbox instead of a 4 speed

:P Here are some pictures of when i got her.

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

old3.jpg

And here is what she looks like now, being an auto electrican by trade i have wired a few little bits including alarm/ immobilser, keyless ctr locking and starting, spot lights, day time running lights and so on and so forth.

6.jpg

engine1.jpg

7.jpg

2pugs1.jpg

4.jpg

Future plans are the tu3 engine and box, along with a full head rebuild, ported, kent cam, 4 branch manifold, twin solex carburettor or bike carbs, rallye arches, series one clio splitter, 205 gentry full leather seats and much more that i cant think of right now lol let me know what you think (:

Thanks!

Edited by Olie_205

eddie bullit

Cute little thing! Keep the mods coming..looking good. Remember that more is less when modding especially with such a retro classic as the 205.

I suggest:

Lowered

rallye arches in body colour

light tint on windows

rallye strips on front grille

Job Done..

Only suggestions though its your car lol!

Olie_205

thanks (:

ye definantly i tend to go a abit over board sometimes like i wish i hadnt cut the daytime running lights in but they look good at night lol.

It is currently lowered 40mm on apex springs on the fronts and the torsion bar is also been dropped.

Agree on the arches and rallye strips on grille, i need to redo the side pinstripes as they have faded a lot but not really sure what way to go in taking them off being 22 years old.

Thanks for your suggestions (:

BERTMAN

Get that XS engine in! :D

Olie_205

haha definantly, still sourcing one at the moment, there so hard to find!

BERTMAN

I just sold one the other month! Great engine's

Olie_205

Ahh shame i would of had that off you in a second lol.

A friend of mine has an xs (white one in the picture) and that goes like the clappers lol just wish mine would do the same, the 1.1 tu engines are just nippy but hate top speed :/

pugpete1108

another local, welcome.

nice tidy little motor, couldnt be putting up with the 1.1 myself but hey.

rallye arches and some 1.9 wheels (not a fan of 1.6 pepperpots) and it will look just like mine. and maybe loose the sunstrip? little bit chav imo.

watch out for a set of gti seats too.

Olie_205

sup man nice to see someone just round the corner.

Only bought a 1.1 for a run around but cant part with it as the shell is so mint.

I would go 1.9 wheels but have been told the arches will need to be rolled and would rather not faff about.

As for the sunstrip mabey your right just seemed like a good idea at the time and its all properly fitted.

Thinking of getting a storm single wiper mechanism soon so may take it off.

Like the gti seats but havent really come across any down our way.

thanks

BERTMAN

you know you want to stick and Mi16, or GTi-6 lump in... as your an auto spark it'll be a doddle!

• Like 1

Olie_205

haha id love to! but at the moment i have no space to keep it off the road :(

Atleast with an xs engine its out with the old and in with the new i suppose haha.

days work if that lol

Josh_Quant

very tidy indeed :D

i would just drop a 1.4 init, still upgrade on what you got now and wont cost much.

But wouldn't bother tuning it tbh just go down the mi16 or gti6 route if you want more power :P

Edited by Josh_Quant

Olie_205

sup josh,

ye i agree more power bigger engine, just wouldnt mind a little more poke in a 1.4 and ill be happy.

Was reading through a thread earlier with a guy with an xs that he converted into a rally car and that had a few nice engine mods on it like cam, pulley, mani etc.

Was offered a 1984 gti 1.6 phase 1 the other day for £500 but needs a lot of work doing, been welded a couple of times :/

Daviewonder

Nice looking 205. The yellow stripe and spot lights go really well with the grey body.

Olie_205

cheers mate (:

kind of my theme grey/yellow, gna have the pinstripes re done mabey a bit different and make them as yellow as the front and rear stripes

calvinhorse

I bought bertmans xs engine and rebuilt the head using all standard part and it's brilliant!

Word of warning tho, the xs gearbox is very short ratio and great fun to start off with but on a long trip / motorway the engine is screaming it's head off at 70mph, it doesn't cruise very well at all!

Just a thought before you put the engine and box in and decide you want a longer box!

S@m

Sod the TU3s, its the TU5J4 you want! Nice car eitherway!

Sam

BlueBolt

I like the yellow stripes and lights!! Liking the all round look bar the daylight lights, but that's a person taste thing... Throw a '6 lump in and be done with it, it'll be what you want in the end, trust me!!! :) lol

Where did you get the yellow strips from??

kyepan

love it!

S@m

Where did you get the yellow strips from??

I think the yellow strips were standard on some special editions, like the junior - a friend had a 1.1 when we were 17 and that had them.

Olie_205

Calvinhorse

I know those tu3 gearboxes can be a bit of a pain, ive finally sourced one complete and he said he currently has a 206 5 speed box on it so im hoping its a better box than the original xs.

Sam306

I was trying to find out about the tu24 engine from the rallye, apparently its 100hp instead of 84hp and is better in the long run. Think they said that engine was found in the ax gt's. I love the TU5J4 engine but its a case of converting everything and more than likely reinforce the subframe with gti bits and suspension etc.

BlueBolt

Thanks for your honesty im growing out of those day time runners aswell and as for the yellow stripes, you can get them on the rallyes but i got some stripes off a gti and sprayed them ford yellow, just got to be so careful as there really flimsy, up close ive managed to put a few kinks in them :/

S@m

The TU24 is indeed 100hp, but it was only in the LHD french rallye and has twin webbers. Rare as folk in this country so i thats even more reason for the TU5! The UK rallye is a TU3 as is the AX GT.Sadly, No right hand drive car ever had the TU24.

Olie_205

ahh thats a shame id love a little bit more outa a layback engine lol. Yer ive seen those twin webers, arnt they bolted on one inlet manifold like 2 single cars either side? Saw one on ebay for £40 but it looked nackered and not much saving it lol I may go down the tu5 route if i can find room to keep it off the road and a possible gti to get the sub frame bits off etc.

sensualt101

hey olie i told you it would not be long til you could post! welcome to probably the friendliest 205 forum i know :)

like i told you there will always be loads of people here to give helpful advice and opinions on any questions you ask and plenty of very knowledgable gurus on all things 205!

catch up soon mate

Mark

Olie_205

sup mark,

yer im in my element here lol loads and loads of useful information and everyone seems nice lol

thanks for sending me this way :P