• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sailtek22

Starting Advice/help Emerald Ecu + Jenveys

sailtek22

hi sorry iv posted this on the end of my update on work to my car but think it would be better in here as its more of an ecu thing.

iv fitted my jenveys about a week ago thinking it would be quite straight forward as all i was doing was swapping my custom t bodies for the jenvey ones, iv keeped every thing the same from injectors (they have been sonic cleaned) and put back in the same order ignition leads in the same order to, replaced the fuel reg and set that to 3bar same as the old 1. replaced all the old fuel lines with new ones (and yes its all flowing the right way) and thought i would give it a go starting on the old map as all i thought would be diff is the air flow in so may be alittle lean to start with.

after a bit of messing i got it started revving a around 2600rpm see vid ------>

ok i know someone it going to shout at me for trying to rev it in the vid but i reeealy could not help my self :blush: :blush:

well just after the vid it started raining so i closed it all up ready fo the next day thinking it would start so i could trim it all up and maybe move it lol

well now it wont start and just back fires a bit after a few turns this has puzzled me even after changing the plugs for new and seeing if there is spark still nowt?

does any one have any knowledge of mapping more than triming the fuel and if so would you be willing to have a look at the map/s that i have for it see if there is any thing i can try.

also iv tried from the base map and followed the instructions but that has left me wanting to jump infront of a bus (i was happy knowing less lol)

ill post a vid of the back fire just incase its any help.

B1ack_Mi16

Are the new TB's closing properly?

If they are properly balanced I would think you need to get them to close enough to provide the same "vacum" behind the throttles as the old TB's had.

You should be able to start it up and have approx the same idle characteristics at least.

Remember to re calibrate the TPS after adjusting the throttle position.

You should get yourself a wideband lambda if you don't already have one. Will let you get some more control over things.

brumster

I can help sanity-check it for you if you like, "another set of eyes" kind of thing. Would have to wait to the weekend though, probably Saturday (check with the missus)....?