• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grundyd

Injecter Fuel Pump Wires?

grundyd

Ok i bet this has come up before but my 205 1.9gti mi wont start. i have checkeed the alarm thats ok, the fuel pump works and i have run it as i have tryed to start it but still no luck. Can any one help me on this? should the pump run all the time or does it need a trigger from some thing and please rember im not that smart so keeping it simple would help a lot thanks Dave.

Anthony

The fuel pump will only run when the engine is running/cranking.

The fuel pump relay is switched on by the ECU when it sees the engine turning over.

The fuel pump relay can fail on 205 Mi16 installs, as typically the relays are left loose behind the drivers headlight which is hardly an ideal environment.

grundyd

Yep i have found mine in a nice plastic box all ok. but no power to the pump at all when cranking? where does it get its feed to the ecu off the alternator or cam sensor on the flywheel?

Anthony

Do you have a spark? If so, the ECU is clearly working and seeing a signal from the crank sensor and points at it being a relay or wiring fault.

If not, check that there's power, that the ECU relay (next to the fuel pump one) is working, and that the crank sensor is OK.

grundyd

Don't think I have a spark I have just put a drill bit down the plug lead and a small gap to a bolt but no spark?

grundyd

The two relays one is pump if I give it a live the pump starts and the other Is ok clicks and puts out 12 volts?

pug_ham

The other relay is the injector relay iirc, has the fuel pump relay got the switched ignition feed?

Are the fuses all OK & not blown?

Depending on who did the conversion you might have two fuses in the system, one inline near the relay & another in the original fusebox location.

If you have no spark, it points to the ecu not getting a crank signal or a dead igniiton module.

What changed / have you done to the car since it last worked?

g

chipstick

Try the earth by the back light on the N/S

Sign in to follow this