• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Gti6 Problems - Loosing Power / Interuption

Para

Hi guys,

My 205 GTI6 have one problem since I finished the swap. Car is going like a bullet but when I'm driving "normally" it can loose the power for 1 / 2 seconds like I would lift the foot from the accelerator. After that power is back instantly and car is pulling forward.

I've noticed it is not happening when I'm pushing the car bit more (driving, accelerating faster then usual). It can be bit dangerous if it will happen to me while overtaking, I would like to get rid of the problem.

Car is running standard management, XU10J4 RS from 2002 Xsara VTS, nearly all the sensors are new, I've replaced throttle body position sensor as advised by few but the problem is still there.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mike

S@m

I had a similar problem on my old 306 mi, the only way i ever solved it was by tidying up all the loom connections - recrimping/soldering dodgier ones, cleaning others, sanding back contacts, replacing corroded ones. Just a general engine loom refresh really, the problem never came back so i never really found out exactly which connection was causing it, but it worth the loom tidy up either way.

Sam

EDIT- also check that the metal pins havent been pushed back into any of the plastic connector housings on any engine loom connector plugs.

Edited by Sam306

Spiky

when the "blip" happens, what do all the dials on the dash do?

do the dip to "zero" then bounce back up?

what does the rev counter do?

possible cause could be crank sendor on the top of the gearbox, maybe clean it or repalce as it's cheap

chipstick

Checked the earth points?

Para

Thanks for suggestions, I will have to check the loom and connectors. I've done some research here and answers are very similar. I will need to spend some time checking that out. Cheers

dandanger

i got same with mine but loom looks a bit of a bodge job

Spiky

it also could be just a common coil pack thats failed and causing a lack of power

jonny6

mine was doing the same thing , quite an aggressive jault in the rev range , felt horrid , turned out to be map sensor .

Sign in to follow this