• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cleggy

Running Problems Off Boost

cleggy

Ever since I've owned my 205 turbo technics, it's ran a bit weird off boost I wouldn't say it's lumpy just doesn't seem very smooth, I put it down to the fact previous to me buying it it had been not run for 14 years. I stuck some plugs, leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap on it at the weekend hoping it would sort it but it hasn't. When the turbo kicks in its fine, it's just when I'm trying to drive along at 30 it does it.....any ideas?

cleggy

No takers?

cleggy

Forgot too add, when the car is first started it ticks over bang on 1000rpm but as warms up seems to creep upto 1500rpm. Dunno if that's right either

jonnyturbo

tried cleaning the icv?

Mad Professor

Are you running the 5th injector setup?

If so when at idle or when not on boost try disconnecting the cable to the 5th injector.

cleggy

I won't b able to drive the car though will I with the 5th injector disconnected? I was thinking that it could be running all the time is that possible?

kyepan

check for air leaks they will often mess with the mixture at very low throttle openings, and does it have a recirc dump valve or an atmospheric as this may also mess with the mixture.

Cheers J

Sign in to follow this