• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamichris

Headlight Dim/dip Resistor

miamichris

Just a quick one, has anyone got a photo of where the silver cylinder resistor for the headlights goes? I know its somewhere on the front panel under the headlight but can't remember where!

Also, if anyone is thinking about buying the rivet-on clips that hold this and the fan speed resistor in place, they're now NFP. I've discovered that "tool clips" do the job perfectly, like the ones in the link below but you can buy them in builders merchants etc, the size you want is 18mm too.

http://www.springmasters.com/clips.html?gclid=CIXFs4L6tLACFSghtAod430nSw

Ryan

Directly below the passenger side indicator.

post-5273-0-83082100-1338835708.jpg

miamichris

Thanks a lot Ryan :)

pugpete1108

whilst were on this, do you actually need one of these? im pretty sure i removed mine and my main/high beam work fine?

Anthony

It's the dim-dip resistor - as the name implies, the purpose of it is to put the dipped beam headlights on dimly (approx 20% IIRC) when you have the sidelights and ignition on. If it's missing/broken - as many are in my experience - then dipped and main beams work as usual, but you'll only have the sidelight bulbs lit when the stalk is in the sidelight position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1